New to the group and recovery

Heya Megan :slight_smile: Nice to see you here - Congratulations on your decision to get sober. We’re all here if you need us. My go to is get creative. Keep your hands and your brain busy to start with. Rest a LOT and go easy on yourself :slight_smile: keep on checking in and letting us know how youre getting on.

1 Like

Congrats @Megscobes on making the decision to better your life & be sober. Welcome to the forum.
I agree with @anon84416494 keeping busy definitely helped me in the beginning. I did a lot of cooking, cleaning, crafting, writing and whatever else. Use this time to find new interests & hobbiesm you have to rearrange the pleasure centers in your brain. You need to form new connections to happiness & having fun. But once you do life becomes so much more pleasurable.

1 Like

Welcome @Megscobes. Life through sober lenses is amazing. Mental clarity and self rediscovery is limitless. Congratulations on acknowledging your addiction and taking steps to combat it. I’m only a month into my sobriety and this app has been an excellent tool and the community is great.

Hi. I’m new too. This is my first post. Little scary! Closing in on day 2.

Keep it going! It’s scary, but worth it! I noticed that when I have a craving, I reach out and talk to someone. The beauty is you’re not alone! Happy sober day! :heart::heart::heart:

Thanks so much! It’s so nice to get messages like this! Have a great day in sobriety!

Hi all. Im relatively new, i keep relapsing every 3 or 4 days but am commiting to making a sober folder now with the toolkit. Can someone please help me find a document that i read earlier but now cant find about the step by step on making this

1 Like

You can look up the book of Alcoholics Anonymous on YouTube and it’s free.

2 Likes