New to this! Relapsed haven't told anyone

Relapsed today is my first day starting over … have secretly been using here and there… I am ashamed and scared… i have gotten so far ahead and I’m worried i will just go back down another hole. So I downloaded this app… going to start working my steps again and getting back into my bible… really dont have anyone to turn to that will understand and not judge … help!!!

6 Likes

Im currently 111 days sober from my last relapse which i call my final relapse.

I felt just like you do. I was scared, ashamed.

I come here daily. I stay out of bars and away from drinking buddies. I have started doing things i only talked about doing when i was drinking. And i pay for them with money i used to spend drinking.

I feel much better now. You can do it too! One day at a time. Glad your here!

4 Likes

Welcome here! 🙋

I was sober for 5 years and then relapsed…
So I know how you feel!
Please tell your loved ones you relapsed.
An addiction florish with secrets. It makes the step smaller to use again.
It helps me to be here every day, maybe you can try that too?
It helps me a lot!
Today is my 525 sober (doc alcohol)

3 Likes

Congrats. Kindly share how your life has since changed?.. If you don’t mind!

1 Like

I’m more light hearted. Hope I say it right because English is not my native language. In my drinking period life was covered under a blanked of alcohol. I was filled with shame, worries about my future and my health and my brain was filled by that addiction voice telling me when I could drink secretly and how much…
My life didn’t move forward, everything stood on hold. Now I live sober I move forward. I’m studying again, having new friends, have a better health, I am a better rol model for my kids, I am present, have new hobbies, etc.
I am a morning person now. I get out of bed early even on my days off to enjoy the calm house, my coffee and this app.
I’m open about my problematic relationship with alcohol to others and it’s nice to have no secrets anymore!
No secretly stashed away empty bottles or hide an open bottle behind the couch to drink when my husband is to the toilet :disappointed:
I can fill a book about how much better my life is.
Examples of the things I never have to get trough again: I have plenty. Like every addict has :cry:
No, this sober life is it for me.
First 3 months I found the hardest after that it went easier for me. The days around milestones are still tricky ones for me. I also know I have to be carefull always
I’ m just 1 glas away from day one, like everyone!
Found out the hard way :hugs:

3 Likes

Im new to this as well.
Seems to be very good.
We will get threw the struggle.
Keep your head up