Newbie in pain

Since it has been only 1 month after a very painfull breakup, deciding to get sober does not come easy and its messing with my toughts especially on christmas and nye, its nice to meet yall, hope you are doing okay!

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Posting and reading here can certainly help with some of that pain. We have a great community here.

2 Likes

Welcome Lara! Glad to have you aboard. Early sobriety can be a hard time but know sobriety is the best decision to make and you made it! Drinking wouldn’t help with any of the hardships you encounter. And you made it through Christmas already, so you can do New Year’s Eve too right? Hope to see you check in more here, this is a great place for support. Success lady!

2 Likes

You are right this definitely is not easy. A couple of days after Christmas I got into a drunken stupor and called a toxic ex that I haven’t dealt with in over a year. I blacked out while with him and don’t know rather or not him and I had sex. If I did then I totally ruined a whole year of celibacy :sob: So yeah new year is going to be tough. All we can do is stick it out, stay sober and keep checking in here!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. It’s good to have you here

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that, i can relate tho, i don t know who i am when im drunk the decisions i make while i drink makes me lose the people i love, i will for sure keep being sober and work on myself, as i hope you will! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response, you will see me here often, happy new year!! :raised_hands:

I know im not alone in this but I certainly wish I had stopped the partying sooner. 4 days sober now. Luckily I didn’t destroy my business life but certainly my romantic personal relationship

3 Likes

Welcome Dom