Newbie starting out

I joined last night and didn’t reach 4 a glass of vodka. Just got into a very bad habit of drinking every night and becoming a habit more than wanting a drink. I’m fine during the day it’s when it comes 2 night time the wee devil pops onto my shoulder and I cave in. Any tips would be very much appreciated. Also where is everyone from? I live in scotland.

5 Likes

Hello, and welcome!

Here are a couple of topics you might find helpful:

@Ray_M_C_Laren is from beautiful Scotland, so I’m tagging him.

You can use the search bar (magnifying glass) to find topics of particular interest to you.

Keep reading, and keep reaching out. Lots of folks combine Talking Sober with some sort of IRL support, whether that is a group or a therapist or medication.

Blessings on your house :pray:

3 Likes

Welcome! From North Carolina via New York US.
It’s just changing a pattern and finding something you enjoy to divert your attention. Right now I remind myself that’s it’s temporary that it’s so difficult. It usually takes about three weeks to firm a new habit, or something like that.

Lots of great people and reading on here. I spent an exorbitant amount of time on here in the beginning. I also spend a lot of time here during nights and weekends. It really helps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome im the handsome scots guy here , have you tried a meeting they will help , were about are you in the promised land

1 Like

Hey I’ve not thought about a meeting thought this app would be better as it’s open 24hours really. Im near Stirling and U?

1 Like

Hi and welcome. It’s lovely to have you here. It’s great your didn’t reach for the drink last night. I really suggest aa meetings they are a great way to keep you motivated make new soba friends and change your life 4 the best x

2 Likes

i live in Netherburn south Lanarkshire , i mentor a guy from Stirling who has a couple of Landscaping companies through your way , As Natnat says meetings make it easier if you want to go ill look up one near you if you want

Awrite ray where near Falkirk way is the meetings

1 Like

Falkirk monday 19.30 st andrews church jim 01324 621003
Wed 8 pm same location Peter 01324 881177
friday 6pm trinity church mance place Billy 07954 203487

theres a couple more im Boness and Denny
HOPE THIS HELPS

3 Likes

What a man ray cheers p

2 Likes