Newbie To Sobriety

Day 7 sober New to this community and saying Thankyou for helping me get thru the first challenging week . I am very proud of myself as I have been a daily drinker for 30 + years .Feel great and very inspired by all the stories Hope week 2 is easier :pleading_face:

16 Likes

No matter what week 2 will be like, you can get through it! Laying a sober head on your pillow tonight is the goal and the win for the day. Being here, reading, getting exposed to sobriety stories, that’s a great start, way better than white knuckling your way through. And here is a thread with even more ideas for you - I’m sure you will find one or two that will resonate with you.
Resources for our recovery

6 Likes

Congrats on your week sober! Proud of you!

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations on your first week! That’s a huge hurdle :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

You got this, way to go, ine day at a time!

1 Like

Welcome Steph.
Congrats on your first week!
That’s HUGE!!
I’m glad you found us.
Join in when your comfortable.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Thankyou so much :pray:

1 Like

Thanks heaps😀

1 Like

Thankyou so much

Welcome and congratulations on 7 days! That is a truly wonderful achievement :heart:

Trying to post or talk to peps on here is harder than it looks im starting over again want it to be the last time so im trying to do it alittle different and use this app to my Advantage but having a hard time nativigating through it this is where i reply to someone else’s post ??? If so congratulations on 7day

2 Likes

Welcome to the group. Congratulations on your 7 days. :relaxed:

Congratulations on 7 days sober! Take it slow just make sobriety a daily goal. I altered myself with weed psychedelics and eventually heroin and other opiates for 54 years,so I feel I grok you in fullness when you mention 30 plus years. Trust me when I tell you it don’t matter. All that matters is Now. I’m closing in on 7 months free from weed and opiates. I feel amazing. You got this. ODAAT

2 Likes