Newbie to this online support group!

Hello, everyone!

My day started after I woke up from a smoking dream, so I felt that today was the best day to continue my recovery journey by posting in here for the first time.

I had never heard of this online support group until it was mentioned by a good friend of mine. I joined a few weeks ago, but I am just now getting around to introducing myself. It has been a busy few weeks!

I wanted to join this group because my AA step group stopped meeting quite a while ago. With the pandemic going on, I do not feel comfortable gathering with large groups of people. I am looking forward to getting more and more involved with this group!

My sobriety date is August 22, 2016.
My smobriety date is June 22, 2020.

My name is Jen, and I am grateful to be here!

13 Likes

Hi! Welcome! :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi Jen, welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Thank you! I am excited to be here!

1 Like

Hi I’m new to this forum day 5 off the booze again. Praying I’ll not give into temptation again

2 Likes

We are both in the right place. Keep showing up! We are all in this together!

1 Like

Right on! Welcome!

1 Like

You can! I sent a message to my friend after I signed up to let him know that I was in here!

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Thank you! I am blessed to be a part of it!

2 Likes

Welcome Jen! Glad you found us. The support I’ve gotten from these amazing people for the past couple of years is life saving.

3 Likes

Hi Jen. :blush: I’m so happy you’re here!

1 Like

Welcome Ryan! I’m new as well only a few days in!

1 Like

Welcome Jen. That’s a great chunk of sober time you got there. Have a good read around. This sober community has been a great place for me to get and give support. We are stronger in numbers.
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I have been feeling disconnected from face-to-face fellowship, so I wanted to try online fellowship. I have a lot to learn about this site, but I have plenty of time!

2 Likes

I am so happy to be here! Thank you for being here!

1 Like

Thank you! I have been sober for a few years now, but I have not been attending meetings. Being a part of this community will help me stay connected!

2 Likes