No control, a few just wasn’t enough

So another reset. I have no control once I start drinking. Last night a few just wasn’t enough. After my wife went to bed I continued to drink. Knowing full well it was wrong and I’d regret it in the morning. I so want to be a member of the non drinking community. I need to stop drinking. Going to give it my best shot to stay dry this weekend. Please God.

14 Likes

You can do it. I’ve been the same way. Lots of us have. Have you looked into AA? For me its the only thing that helps. And prayer. And chocolate.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it brother. Join a meeting. You don’t have to walk this alone:

https://www.alcoholicsanonymous.ie/aa-meetings/find-a-meeting.299.html

There’s online meetings around the world too, there’s one just about any time of day:

Online meeting resources

2 Likes

Stick around here, and print your post and keep it in your pocket!

1 Like

Try and divert thoughts, don’t be alone . One day at a time and you can beat this bastard ! :muscle:

When I got sober, here are the things I did without fail for the first month or so.

1. Don’t drink, no matter what.
  2. Upon arising in the morning, give thanks for the sobriety you were granted the day before, ask for help to stay sober today, ask to be shown what to do today and for the strength to do it. I prayed on my knees, you do what works to keep you humble.
  3. Call someone in a sober program (I used my AA sponsor) to be accountable. Maybe the daily check in thread here can serve that purpose for you, or you can start your own thread.
  4. Read Step 1 from “Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions”, available on line at https://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/en_step1.pdf

That’s what worked for me.

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:

Tell me about it. :grimacing:
I don’t think I got another recovery in me.
I’ve never ever just had 1. Or 2. Or 3.
10 or 20. Sure.
I just got so sick and tired of it. Found this app and I’m doing it. You can too.
Start by admitting your powerless over alcohol. See what happens. Keep checking in here. BEFORE YOU DRINK!
Blessings.
:pray::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

My best tool is the gratitude thread. Every day for the last 491 hangover free mornings I start my day right here. Daily Gratitude List #2
We got so much to be grateful for when we’re sober.
I hope to see you around
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

I’ve been trying this option. I dont buy it. Sounds simple so I like keeping things simple. It works for me. No also helps me!