No meetings in my area

I live in rural southeast Missori and there are no meetings of any kind within 30 miles of me. I also work 50hrs a week so making the drive is nearly impossible for me. I have downloaded the “in the rooms” app and have found many online, video meetings. I will be giving these a try, especially the “refuge recovery” video meetings which provide a buddhist perspective on recovery focusing on meditation and present moment awareness. I know that I really need a community to aid with my recovery. This forum it’s great but will not suffice on its own. My question is, how many of you are involved in online meetings and how much success have you had with them. In my situation, it’s seems to be the only viable option to find fellowship and support. Please advise

2 Likes

I have not tried online meetings yet .but i shall give it a try . Best of luck Greetings from Norway

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware online meetings where an option.

1 Like

Download the app called “in the rooms”. They have a ton of meetings, including video meetings where you can communicate in real time with others. I’m just getting into it, I’ll keep you posted.

Lets do this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been reading the book and also listen to the podcast. I would recommend it to anyone!!

1 Like

I’ve used them. I actually found them to be pretty good. Make sure you have a solid internet connection though

1 Like