Nostalgia as therapy

I love to use “nostalgic therapy” for soberity. Remembering shows like TMNT Simpsons, movies like Child’s Play, killer clowns from outer space, Space Jam games like smash bros, ms pacman, mario bros, legend of Zelda Ocarina of time helps to take my mind of stress and recollection the simple times of my childhood. What are you’re favorite childhood pastimes or memories that give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

13 Likes

This time of year is pretty nostalgic for me. Halloween season, my birthday is at the end of the month. Crisp cool air and leaves all around reminds me of back to school. That sort of thing. There’s just something in the air this time of year that brings me back.

6 Likes

Girl scouts
Hollie Hobbie
Walton’s
Little House on the prairie
Snow days

3 Likes

When I was about 10 there was a girl I used to have a crush on. In the winter I would call for her to go ice skating on a pond next to her house. It’s a great memory from when I was young, before life started getting shitty…

6 Likes

Natures wonders is great and I agree with this entire list. Especially that I’ve cream.

1 Like

Them powdered donughts used to be so good they were always the first to go in the variety pack.

1 Like

Killer Klowns from Outer Space for the win!

2 Likes

Reading rainbow and killer clowns. Lol!! Being around my grandmother helps and reminds me that i need to make the most of her days here and many more memories instead of avoiding her cause im hungover and wanting to go party. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yes that is one of my all time favorites next to TMNT II secret of the ooze

1 Like

Mine had a purple sparkle banana seat, but close!

4 Likes

This is awesome. I’ve never heard this before, but I loved playing kickball across the street with all the kids in the neighborhood.

1 Like

That’s how you take it back!

2 Likes