Not falling too hard

I managed to make 6 days then a step back. I will get there again. I let my guard once again so that’s major thing to work. And I’m not sure why this came to my mind(because Im not exactly where I want to be in some sort I don’t have a length of consistent sobriety time…?) But when I hear “If you’re clean in your heart, give your higher power a hand” now do not take this the wrong way, this is my opinion, in my heart there is nothing but good. It is full of love, care, trust, etc, etc… if I was to say “I’m not going to ever think about doing that again” it would be a complete lie and then my heart wouldn’t be clean… so this came to mind why not “if your clean in your mind, give your Higher Power a hand”?.. there’s so much more I have to say but I want other opinions to because I honestly feel I have a clean heart but not a clean mind when I have step back… like split second I have let my guard down… my mind was not clean or clear.

Please share if anyone would like to.
I hope everyone is having a great morning!!:purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome back. You know what to do. You can have a clean heart and be doing this for all the right reasons you’ve chosen but your mind needs to be clear too. I would pray, meditate and stay focused on beating this one day at a time. Don’t beat yourself up for slipping up just keep moving forward. It’s a battle and a jouney not a sprint. It’s reading stories on here and posting that keeps me on the right track. I have 13 days in and I lean on everyone on here from people with years of sobriety to people with 1 day. I feel everyone has something I can learn from and grow. Also, I enjoy giving support to others and advice when i can. We all got your back! I wish you the best of luck on your quest for sobriety.

2 Likes

Thank you. I need to stay on task with everything and open my eyes a little more. Any time I make days of being clean it is like a bundle of amazingness. Lol I know why say that… but it’s true. And it makes it that much more possible for me to keep going and gain more and more as I go. It is a battle for sure and deep down I know I won’t be in this forever.

1 Like

I wont get to deep on you. Your brain is broken down in to 2 separate processing areas.

You have your conscious mind (the person that wants to quit) the unconscious mind (makes decisions before the conscious mind).

I’ll try to explain this the best I can. The conscious mind is the human, the unconscious mind is the computer that the human can control. The unconscious mind makes 1000 decisions, and maybe brings 1-10% to the conscious mind’s attention. Think about a time where you zoned out and you were doing a task, but you didn’t remember? The unconscious mind took over and completed the task, but the conscious mind checked out.

You can reprogram the unconscious mind to delete or do new things, but the conscious mind has to be completely active to evaluate and correct the unconscious mind.

Granted my belief in my higher power helps me to conquer some of my habits, but ultimately it’s my decision, seeing how my higher power gives me free will.

Hope that makes sense to you. Good luck and keep pushing forward.

5 Likes

Great post!

1 Like

I don’t know if I’ve heard that before or what. it makes sense and I’ll have to keep going over it but for some reason it feels like something similar floated across my mind I don’t when and I don’t remember how exactly it was ran through but it wasn’t how you worded. Your’s is way more clearer. It’s down better.

Honestly, I needed this to be said. Thank you.

I agree with you!

https://youtu.be/yALanaOCE3A

Here’s something to put it in perspective for you… substitute eating with your addiction.

1 Like

Thank you!!!