Not motivated to get out of bed any suggestions

For some reason I don’t want to get out of bed before I started drinking really heavily I would you out and do stuff I wouldn’t be sober but at least I was out lately I haven’t wanted to leave my bed when I first stopped drinking I found myself with new found energy to leave the house but now I feel like staying in bed and watching TV all day same as when I was drinking really heavily any advice?

I am right there with ya. Hope it gets better.

How long has it been?

60 days today

I’m new to this not sure if this is how I reply but i have 60 days today

Going to a meeting even though i dont always feel like it helps me I normally leave feeling like I benefited from the message

I adopted a “things in motion stay in motion” strategy. I take 3 small walks a day while at work. 15 minutes on my morning break, lunch and afternoon break. It took a week or so but I’m not kidding off on the afternoons anymore. That’s the minimum. Some days I’m tired or sick so I don’t do more. Some mornings I feel great and add another 20 before I leave for work. But set yourself a minimum to do each day. It will make you feel better.

Ya I try to always hit my regular meeting once a week

Ya when I first quit drinking I couldn’t sit still for a week or two but now I really just want to stay in bed but that’s kind of depressing too I don’t know I’m gonna try walking again even if I don’t feel like it

I seriously had to set my first goal to 15 minutes twice a day, no matter what. Then I added another 15 minutes when I felt better. Just start small but do it no matter what every day.

It’s your mind rewiring and your body healing itself. It sounds like post acute withdrawal. It’s fine, and it is just a stage in recovery. The affects will pass. It varies from person to person, of course, but for me and from a lot of posts I’ve read, around 90 days give or take. I remember going through a tired, apathetic stage around 45-70 days.

I plan on going on a walk with my wife and baby daughter in a bit before my son comes home from school I just woke up from a nap and I want to try and get out today

1 Like