Not new to app (but a chronic resetter), but first time posting

Hello all, this my first time posting. Last night once again drank too much, stayed up too late & reset the app again. This morning called out of work, which I have done only two or three times for drinking. Not necessarily hung over, but more just fed up thinking I can be a normal drinker. I am not. I am a binge drinker. I don’t know the concept of just one or two drinks anymore. It seems for the last 10 or so years when I was feeling trapped in the rural bootheel of Missouri that my drinking got worse and worse. The death of my mom back in January of 2019 where it was revealed to me and my brother that she was hiding a terrible secret from us really broke me.

Since last September when I downloaded this app, I have been trying to fight back. I read the posts here. I be read “Alcohol Lied to Me”. Today I decided I needed to start talking, start participating. Get me back. So hi :blush:!

21 Likes

Welcome Maggie.
Join in when you’re comfortable.
Actively joining in to get and give support has kept me sober a long time.
That and the gratitude thread.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

I hope to see you around.

3 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome!! Hope you will feel comfortable participating more.

Welcome and hello!

I’m sorry for the hard times you have been having. It seems it may be time to break up with alcohol. I got to that point and I’m
So glad I ended that relationship. It takes effort to make new habits and work through all the crap, but it is worth it!

Have a good day and know that you are not alone.

2 Likes

8 Likes

You can get and stay sober. The urge to drink diminishes over time.
You can do this!

1 Like

Congratulations on your 10 days sober! Double digits!!! Keep it up!

1 Like

Hi Maggie! And welcome, even though you’re not new to the app! :blush:

1 Like

Hi & thank you :relaxed:!

1 Like

Chugging along. Need to slow my roll on cookies now that I’ve hit the two week mark :rofl:!

5 Likes

Checking in, wrapping up day 23.

2 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

Successfully made it through my 4-day conference in San Diego with no issues. Annie Grace’s book “This Naked Mind” really helped me. Thanks to those who posted about it.

3 Likes

Congratulations @Magsman i just read your first post and am so proud of you HELL YEAH!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Congratulations on your 30 days.
Great job Maggie!!

1 Like

Good job Maggie :+1:

1 Like

That a great book. Congrats on you freedom from alcohol.

1 Like