Not saving my soul just my ass!

“I didn’t come here to say my soul. I came here to save my ass. It wasn’t till much later that I learned they were connected.”

I can’t say I came here to save my ass. I cant say I came here to save my soul. Its more my sanity I miss where there is now a big hole. The above phrase was the first thing I read tonight before a meeting. Even attending meetings I still struggle. I hate asking for help and who knows what kind of help I will find. There are ones who turn me off to the point of wanting to explode acting as if I came to them for help whe. They chased me down before I could get out the door. Then there are ones who let me linger till I am comfortable enough to share. Out of all the meetings I have been to there is still only one I will talk at. So many of them are off putting. Does not matter my beliefs just dont try to cram yours down my throat. Its strange but awesome the group I felt most at home with are all bikers. I am by far the quietest one but they respect that and accept me the way I am.

5 Likes

Good for you going to meetings and figuring out which ones you like and which ones you don’t like. I don’t know if you got many choices for meetings where you are. I don’t know if you’ve been on here before or not. It didn’t say your new when I saw your post.

I like this place. I find people here to be very friendly and you can take what you like and leave the rest. So many different topics. So many people in the addiction boat just trying to survive the best we can. Stick around. There’s people from all over the world here and it’s helped me tons.
:pray:t2::heart:

Nikki’s been here for a couple years.
She cool.
:+1:

2 Likes