Not sure how this works

I am new here but not new to recovery over and over throughout my life. I am not sure how this works so any advice would be great! Is it a forum or a chat room? My friend told me it helped her and I have been sober for 5 years and 5 days but I have been having a really hard time staying strong lately and need to get new sober friends as the community I’ve been here as of late are all relapsing. Thanks all and I’m proud of everyone here for taking a step to recovery

7 Likes

That’s a good stretch of sober time. Welcome! I am glad you are here. This is a forum. There are all kinds of threads, some serious, some silly and fun, but all help build and support.

Check them out, respond and comment. Engage and draw strength. Keep getting better at getting better each and every day!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I’ve always just went to nap or aa but the group that as always held me together is falling apart! I appreciate your response thanks so much

2 Likes

Welcome! That is some impressive time!

Guess what? That makes you 100% human. We are all here for you.

3 Likes

Thanks so much

1 Like

You will find that the more you connect on here, the bigger your support group becomes. I have 538 days sober, and have visited this forum every one of them. I don’t think this is a coincidence.

6 Likes

Awesome I’m still trying to figure it all out I’m not great at apps and computers but I’m trying to not only be there for people but finally take help and advice from others. Have had a lot of personal things happen as of late that is making it a necessary step.

2 Likes

Sounds like you found this group just at the right time too, I’m new here and on day 3. So impressed with your sobriety that’s amazing :heart:

3 Likes

That’s amazing! Proud of you! One day at a time! You are doing great! Keep it up and here if you ever need me.

2 Likes

Thank you, same right back at you x

Welcome to the ts family xxx

1 Like

Welcome on board, you will find lots of help and support here :blush:

You’re an inspiration to the rest of us and also an example of how we will always be a little but vulnerable. Glad to have you here x

Thanks everyone, your words are so encouraging. It’s nice to have people who care and actually respond and help out! Thanks to everyone! Please know you are all doing so good and your future doesn’t need a resume from your past!!

1 Like

Hi, so good to see you, welcome to TS!

1 Like

Can anyone tell me how long replies are limited I’m having trouble answering messages and people are asking me for advice and help. Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome :wave:

There is lots of support here, and I’m sure you will have lots of valuable insights to offer to help strengthen our community too :blush:

If you need some help getting to grips with the app you can send a message to @discobot which can run through tutorials. I can’t remember the command you need to give it. It might come up now that I’ve tagged it, if not I will find out!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start tutorial

Starts one of the following interactive tutorials: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it