Not sure which meetings to go to

People say NA is better than AA, but as an alcoholic I feel like less of an addict than those struggling with other shit. I don’t want to speak up because my struggle is with alcohol. That being said, I’ve done every drug under the sun but they all started with alcohol and my addiction starts and end with alcohol…

4 Likes

Who sais that? If your basic addiction is alcohol, that’s what it comes down to in the end, you’ll feel right at home in AA. I’m sure you’re just as welcome in NA, but I’d personally say go where you feel you need to be most. Sounds to me like that’s AA for you. Just find a meeting that fits you and where you feel good. And fuck what ppl say. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

AA try ameeting wish you well

2 Likes

Who are these “people” you are referring to? You have to do what works for you, not them. If you think AA will suit your needs better, then go to those meetings. Remember… this is your journey and you get to choose your own path.

3 Likes

I go to both meetings because, well why not!!!
I did however choose to have my homegroup, do my steps and have my sponsor through NA. My reasoning for this was, although I did relapse to alcohol and suffer in the clutches of alcoholism for 12 years, the program of NA spoke to me. Being that AA only focused on alcohol I foresaw my addict finding loopholes and using them to it’s advantage. I know PLENTY of drug addicts that have a solid AA program so it is 100% up to you.

1 Like