Not too early for a Throwback Thursday I guess😊

Looking back at the journey we have all decided to take and where we’ve gotten to now, what would you say to the old you if you had the chance to back into time (before you ever begun drugs, alcohol, or any addictive thing)? :blush:

6 Likes

Obviously I’d say don’t drink or do drugs because all they’ve brought me is pain and misery. Although I’m sure I wouldn’t listen. And I’m not sure I’d stop using unless I experienced the pain and suffering they brought me.

3 Likes

I guess you might have been a very strong headed child :blush:… I guess our mistakes better help us appreciate life more after we have made lessons out of them

1 Like

I would tell myself to trust the people around me sooner. Nothing I’d have said could have prevented the circumstances surrounding addiction for me but I could have gotten more support and gotten out quicker and with more allies

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing :blush:… I hope you keeping them closer now.

It’s a process. I’m 43 and have wanted to quit drinking for 15 years. I’ve basically known I had a drinking problem my entire life. I still have my whole life ahead of me, I’ve got my health, and all is good. I wouldn’t trade much because that which doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

4 Likes

You most definitely going to get tougher😊

I would give myself a warm hug and tell myself I’m awesome and love myself and to stay strong and everything will be ok and it’s not my fault buddy! I’d also promise myself a bright future because that too is our fate one way & day or another now that we’re here… :blush: Remember, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger :muscle::pray:

Similar question: what do you imagine your future self saying to you now…?

3 Likes

I would tell myself to never smoke cigarettes. With alcohol, I got bored with it, so now, I don’t have any need for it. But with cigarettes, I do. Some days, I think I will never get rid of this craving. So far, I have been using nicotine gums although I do plan to stop using that at some point. We’ll see how it goes :joy:

1 Like

I would go back and tell that young 14 year old kid it’s not worth it save yourself the hangovers the coughing the headaches etc and find other productive ways to counteract the reality I was living in .

2 Likes

I would say … the problems you’re running away from (using to numb) … are still going to be there. Save the time and extra heartache and fix those vs adding yet another layer.

2 Likes

I would say that I am worthy and that drunk me is not, in fact, more fun, more sexy, more personable, prettier, more interesting, etc. That I am good enough. I deserve to be my authentic self and really fuck what other people think. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I’d tell myself don’t get so wrapped up in relationships that you lose your identity in the process. I’d also tell myself to stay away from recreational drinking because it turns into a habitual soul sucking abyss that will distract you from the things you’ve always wanted to accomplish. I’d also tell myself not to give up so easily on life and fight to find the things that give life meaning because it’s easy to slip into apathy and only focus on what’s wrong with the world.

4 Likes

I’d say nothing and I’d change nothing.

1 Like

I needed this. Thank you :pray:

1 Like