O douls. Is it ok to drink

Only you can decide what is best for you. I drink NA versions of beer and wine on occasion. To me it is like an ex smoker chewing on a pencil. It gives me the action to get through a craving without actually causing me to get drunk. But for other people it becomes a trigger to drink the heavy stuff. In those cases I would stay far away from anything that could trigger you.

As for the alcohol content it doesn’t phase me. There are plenty of things in life that naturally contain alcohol. Even old orange juice in your fridge can ferment to make some alcohol. For me it is about getting inyoxicated. If I can be intoxicated by the substance i won’t do it. I’m an alcoholic but I won’t smoke weed because it is an intoxicant. NA beers and wines will not intoxicate me unless I drink a shit ton of it.

BUT BUT BUT

That is me. I know me. You know you. How do you think a NA beer will affect .YOU!!

7 Likes

Why bother? It may be better to get used to other non-alcoholic beverages.

I am not sure what your time zone is but I’m guessing you have had the BBQ now. How did it go?

1 Like

Lol at Lindsey Lohan. Creative but I wonder if the judge laughed or what he said!! Haha damn

1 Like

I drink ‘non-alcoholic’ beer and it doesn’t trigger me. That may not work for everyone though. Be aware that most of it does not taste good. Becks blue is the best along with Infinite IPA.

I think with Lindsay Lohan it was not driving…she had an alcohol monitoring anklet on and it alarmed. I think it measures incredibly low levels of alcohol. She claimed it was kombucha. No one believes that. I suspect she was testing its sensitivity.

1 Like

This is like doing a juice cleanse with mimosas🤦

1 Like

To each their own. If the NA beer suits you and doesn’t trigger you then I say go for it. However, what’s the saying, if you have to ask than you probably already know the answer?
I know myself and I would be triggered by the NA beer. I have been exploring different non alcoholic drinks. Mocktails are my newest exploration, although I don’t care for the term because it sounds cheesy to me and too close to cocktail. Pinterest, and the web in general, has a lot of recipes. It’s just basically mixing juices and sodas but it’s still helpful to have recipes on hand.
I drink a lot of water but when I go out to dinner or a friend’s, or want a drink drink, water does not cut it for me. I’ve been making sure that I have enough NA drinks on hand to supplement what I used to drink. I used to drink 6 to 8 beers at gatherings so I bring 6 to 8 sparkling waters. I don’t want to know what happens when I run out and all that’s left is someone else’s beer :grimacing::grimacing::joy::joy:

You may want to try Jever fever, that is 0, 0 and 13 calories per 100 ml
thats really low
becks blue is 0.5 but as you said it doesnt trigger you

Oh Sue, sorry maybe i got it wrong, i didnt even know an alcohol monitoring bracelet existed.
I do know that some people get antabus at docters appointments so they really cant drink,
i think that once you realize that alcohol does ábsolutely nothing for you the urges get less.

1 Like

Non-alcoholic drinks are for non-alcoholics. Unless you really enjoy the taste there is no point. If I order one at an event it would give the appearance i was drinking an actual beer (with the help of a cleverly placed napkin). To me I dont care about appearance. I dont drink.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

I just got the passion fruit la croix-boy is that good!

1 Like

I can’t take Antabuse because of my cirrhosis but I got put on campral which is for cravings. It doesn’t necessarily make them go away but the thought of knowing if I drink I will get very very ill is enough to stop me!

Totally depends on the individual. I would be okay having a NA beer while camping because it was never my go to, wine was. I plan on having the occasional virgin bloody Ceasar this summer because I like them and never had more than two of those when I did drink. I was a fussy binge drinker​:rofl::roll_eyes:

1 Like

BBQ went pretty good my wife made this fruit drink and she put it in a nice glass. Didn’t end up getting a n/a beer! But other then that it was a fun night

4 Likes

Was a little worried first chance of the season to do the bbq and last year I always liked to drink when I was grilling but I think my food was actually better this time lol

3 Likes

Ah good sounds like that worked out well in the end.

Those sober firsts are always a little nerve wracking but often things turn out better than we expect. Either way, getting through the firsts is a great achievement, keep on adding those days my friend!

1 Like

Ofcourse your food was better and you could probably taste it better and you were a great host!
Tell us the next date and we will all be there haha!

1 Like