Geeks Assemble! SciFi Thread

4 hour nap? Sweet! Gave yourself a big hug there!

3 Likes

A borderline make out sesh…muahaha

3 Likes

I’ve been told by some old timers that a nap is as good as two meetings. I have no idea where in the hell they got it from, but I certainly try to take that suggestion lol.

2 Likes

I’m on episode 4 of Season 1 of “The Magicians”, omgosh…so good! I saw y’all talking about it and had to try it out!

@Rosey @Bill_Phillips

╰(´︶`)╯

2 Likes

Oh gosh, I’m so excited!

1 Like

I’ve never been to a meeting, so I cannot testify to the voracity of that statement. I do take regular naps though, and can testify that naps are hugs we give to ourselves. Be good to yourself: take a nap.

1 Like

@Bill_Phillips

Yes! I’m on episode 2 of season 2 now! It’s soo good! I haven’t seen The Lost Boys in a few years, it was for rent on iTunes the other day, but now that I know it’s on Netflix, I’ll watch it on there!

1 Like

Not sure if this is 100% on topic, but it seems like the right crowd to ask. Anyone remember Infocom? The best part of The Martian was (other than, “I’m gonna science the shit outta this”) was referencing two of Infocom’s games. :nerd_face::rofl:

1 Like

I don’t remember, but I wasn’t much into games. I did get hooked on Interplay’s Dragon Wars, back in the early 90’s, the first editions of Doom and Quake a bit later, but I’m still not big on games. I kinda missed the transition from arcade to console to pc and systems. Was too busy being a professional warrior back then. Guess when you get to play with the real stuff that goes bang and boom, the games just don’t measure up, for me at least. My daughter is into skyrim, minecraft and pokemon go. If I have some down time, I take a nap, or read a dead tree book, or listen to a podcast.

1 Like

Yeah I’m hooked on it already! Just started the second episode. I knew if you liked it I probably would as well. Love shows that make me think “wtf is going on!?” Dark is def one of those. Thanks for the recommendation.

2 Likes

Got “Haven” today from the library. Haven’t started it yet. Gonna finish “Lexx” first. :nerd_face::metal:

2 Likes

Loved that show!

1 Like

Loved Lexx.

I’m watching Requiem right now. So interesting!
@Bill_Phillips just finished dark the other day. SOOOO good! I can’t wait for season 2

2 Likes

ok Requiem was super interesting but freaky as all hell! Literally. After finishing it the other night I had a hard time getting to sleep and kind of regretted watching it. It was quite evil and spiritual and I don’t f@ck with that shit. Too real imo. ANYWAY that being said I couldn’t stop watching it despite all of that and I still have a hard time looking in mirrors. (Which can be a problem since I’m literally surrounded by them at work!) shudder
I have a feeling you’ll like it.

2 Likes

maybe I’ll check that one out today at nap time…

1 Like

Nap time. Our new happy hour.

1 Like

Ok now I am afraid to watch Requiem :open_mouth:

I started with Lost in Space on Netflix. It somehow is boring :expressionless:

2 Likes

The original series from the 1950’s or the movie from early 2000’s

The series on Netflix that just started.