Geeks Assemble! SciFi Thread

Same! Could not get into it and left it playing after 5 mins to do chores. Thats how bad it was…I preferred chores over it.

2 Likes

a-fricken-men brother!
Another t shirt i needs: Naps are f@cking rad

Sober…
Single…
TACOS!

HAHAHAAAAA!

1 Like

oh that one is number one! Once I get it made I’ll post pics. EVERYONE will want one! :wink: hahaha

Ever notice how all of life’s troubles started, when we stopped talking naps? Naps are so much better than drinking. Neither really solves the actual problem, but you wake up feeling better, and not broke or in handcuffs

4 Likes

Just read news of the passing of Art Bell, founder and long-time host of Coast to Coast radio. @Englishd is a fan I believe as well. I loved his show, where he covered all manner of topics regarding the paranormal, supernatural, cryptozoological, and extra-terrestrial things. I enjoyed listening those who called in, ranging from true tin-hats to those who made me say “hmmm. Might be something to that.”

Regardless, Art Bell encouraged his listeners to keep an open mind, and the search for possible answers starts with questions influenced by the imagination.

RIP

2 Likes

Nooooo. RIP Art Bell. I hope they do a tribute for him. He was always so calm even when his guests would start to get out of hand. He could make anyone feel like their views were important.

2 Likes

I’m watching Interstellar now as it is finally on Neflix :heart:
Great movie with awesome music!

Sup pals. Just finished the new Lost In Space series on Netflix. Definatly enjoyable!

1 Like

Hello all! I luckily saw this thread and knew what corner I would go to :slight_smile: It’s great to be here and I look forward to reading the past posts.

2 Likes

Thanks Bill! And to you all, hope you have an awesome day and…IMG_3057

3 Likes

Started it too yesterday, looks nice

ok friends and fellow SciFi enthusiasts. Look for some recommendations. I’m getting ready to go on a long road trip and I need some good SciFi/fantasy audiobook suggestions. @Bill_Phillips I know we have the same taste in movies and shows…any suggestions??

I almost downloaded that one! Ok I trust your wise judgment and good taste. Thank you!

2 Likes

I thought the title was familiar

1 Like

I can second Ready Player One. I’m a super fan. If you like it, Armada also rocks. People say it’s not as good but that’s just because they’ve already fallen in love with RPO when they read it.

We Are Legion [We Are Bob] by Dennis E. Taylor is also a huge favorite of mine. It has two sequels.

I also just listened to Redshirts by John Scalzi (read by Wil Wheaton). Not as good as the aforementioned books but I enjoy Wil Wheaton and this will be a hit with you if you’re a Star Trek junky. If you’re not, some of the humor may get lost in translation.

1 Like

I like the “We’re Alive” radio theater podcast. It’s a serialized zombie survival story, several seasons. Also, the Dr. Who podcast.

2 Likes

Learned a fun fact yesterday that I thought some here might enjoy. My wife’s fourth grade teacher dated Richard Dean Anderson back in the day. How crazy is that?!!!

For those who don’t know, he played MacGyver and then Jack O’Neill in Stargate SG-1.

2 Likes

I haven’t, but I am not a big TV watcher. I only allow myself to watch it on weekends. Still working through Jessica Jones, and have added The Orville to my watchlist.

1 Like

It starts off kinda slow, and I was ready to bail on the show, but it gets really good. Jessica Jones is an alcoholic with super powers, and all of the human dysfunction you’d expect.

1 Like