Geeks Assemble! SciFi Thread

Majorly stoked: Babylon 5 is now on Amazon Prime. Had this on my watch list for years, waiting for it to move to prime as I wasn’t willing to pay $1.99 per episode. Now I have my summer watching all set.

1 Like

I recently rewatched The Thirteenth Floor. I’d forgotten how cool it was! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of Tron: Legacy. It dawned on me that I’d never seen the original Tron in it’s entirety. So that is my Saturday night.
Did you know when they made this, it took the computer 30 minutes to render one frame? CGI has come a long way…

3 Likes

Ohhh man. Can’t believe I missed this thread.
I just re-watched star trek. In chronological order of time lines. Including movies.
Watched all of the Star wars movies, since the newest one is streaming now.
Watching an episode of Harry potter per week with the older nephew.
I just finished reading a book series called 'Caverns and Creatures '. It was light, and funny. Swords, sorcery, dick jokes.
My nephew has me reading the Magnus Chase series right now. Gods, and guardians. Pretty fun, so far.

3 Likes

Not “being human” is it? I watched a few of those mid seasons but never got into it… Haven’t heard of “human”

aahhh. I shall have to watch it then. Your recommendations have never steered me wrong. I just finished The Fall and before that The Sinner. Both twisted but super good. Just started Kiss Me First. Seems interesting so far. I’ll have to keep you posted.

1 Like

Babylon5 is on Prime!

2 Likes

Watching Extinction on Netflix. Really good Scifi

3 Likes

Just watched that! It was Actually pretty good. I was a little surprised

2 Likes

Did you guys know that I had a Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy themed wedding, and got married on towel day? Our guests all got monogrammed handtowels, even.

4 Likes

Yeah I did not see that one coming! Lol def made me think. Love movies that spark that

1 Like

oh also…humans is really great too! Thanks for the recommendation

1 Like

Um! That is so amazing and unique! :heart_eyes:

haha of course you did! We have the same exact taste. Which is impeccable btw

1 Like

Orphan Black is one of my favorite shows ever. Firefly is probably my favorite show of all time- I’m so sad it never made it past the 1st season, but at least it never had the chance to get bad. While Serenity helped wrap things up a bit, there are still so many things that went unanswered. I want to know Shepherd Book’s secrets!

Has anyone seen Sharktopus? It’s exactly as absurd as it sounds.

4 Likes

Looks pretty cool.

1 Like

Reading Ready player one, finally. I haven’t seen the movie, because I always have to read the book first.

6 Likes

The book is fantastic, I’ve read it three times. The movie is ok, by comparison, they changed a lot because Zak Penn was struggling to make it a movie that wasn’t 12 hours long. Should have been an HBO series.

3 Likes

Movies always ruin everything. :rofl:

1 Like

Me Top lol

2 Likes