Geeks Assemble! SciFi Thread

I wanted to say Me too but TS won’t let me correct it

2 Likes

Hm never heard of this

Just googled it, I know it but it has a completely other name in german. My phone freaks me out ghaaaa! It does not write what I want

1 Like

Oh man. Quantum Leap was/is so good. I sampled a few shows from my youth recently and that is one of a rare few that held up well to the test of time. MacGyver: Definitely not at all.

Now eagerly awaiting the ST:TNG continuation of Jean Luc Picard. He was such a steadfast role model growing up.

3 Likes

My mom is obsessed with sharknado. Lol

1 Like

This weekend my daughter and I are watching the entire Tremors franchise. We watched 1, 2, and 3 last night. Well watch 4, 5, 6 tonight, and the 13 episodes of the short-lived series tomorrow and Monday.

My daughter loves Burt Gummer. She thinks he’s hilarious and said, “he kinda sounds like you, Daddy”. Don’t quite know what to make of that, but we are enjoying the shared experience.

3 Likes

It’s that time where I circle back around to watching Firefly.

For those still tracking, it’s now on Hulu (not Amazon Prime Video or Netflix, though I think they had Serenity).

3 Likes

The Orville! I absolutely love this. It’s so cheesy and sometimes a bit weird. :joy: But it’s great. X

2 Likes

Ooo, thanks for the reminder! Been wanting to check that out.

(As we wait patiently to see what comes from the Jean Luc reboot… Picard was probably the strongest male role model I knew growing up.)

Love this movie! When I was a kid this was the first Alien movie I watched and love this topic since :heart:
I could make an Alien-Sunday today :crazy_face::alien:

1 Like

Watching “Brown Mountain - Alien Abduction” now :alien::blush:

Ok this movie was creepy as fuck…now every traffic light I see outside freeks me out

1 Like

Going to watch “The Matrix” now. Awesome movie.

3 Likes

It is indeed.

1 Like

Watching “Occupation” now, looks not bad

1 Like

After watching season one of the Expanse, I discovered the book series it’s based on. It is INCREDIBLE and I have been trying to convince people to read it just so I can have someone to talk to about them. It feels like a commentary on humanity. Dealing with issues of bigotry and jingoism, that seem like they never go away, despite how advanced a society can become. If you like reading, I highly recommend checking these out. The eight book in the series is set to come out in March, and rumor has it that Amazon is picking up the TV show after Syfy dropped it.

3 Likes

Omg I did not know the series is based on books :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I must visit my bookstore tomorrow. Tho I saw season 1 and 2 already I think reading those books will be interesting esp. bc there won’t be a season 3 on Netflix :sob:

1 Like

Fantastic!

Ive been searching for some books to really get my teeth into over Christmas and seems these will be those. Was only talking to my AA group this week about recomendations to get my mind busy when I finish work next Friday. Thank you very much for your post :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This one gets me every year. Shut up, Wesley.

1 Like

Awesome that the tread is alive and me to :slight_smile: !!!

3 Likes

Umpf! So glad to see you back!

1 Like