Geeks Assemble! SciFi Thread

Man , it’s good to be back !!! My brain doesn’t want to process how long was I out , but I feel like I never left now.

By the way has anyone seen new doctor who and opinions ? After Capaldi I hesitate !!!

Haven’t. Been catching all the Netflix Marvel series before they all get canceled.

2 Likes

Have no idea what’s been going on lately with the shows , last thing I watched is Daredevil (was good in my opinion) s2 and Defenders s1 did they go anywhere after that ?

I have limited mobile net here and kinda got back to reading a lot …

Daredevil, Luke Cage, Ironfist, and Defenders all canceled. Punisher and Jessica Jones still up in the air, but will likely be canceled as well. Disney owns Marvel and will likely put these characters in shows on their new streaming service. I have no plans to subscribe as that would be the only thing on that channel I’d watch.

There are no words in elvish, danish or all the languages of Luxemburg to express my ###$$""$ right now ! Disneeeeeeeey !

1 Like

It’s an evil empire.

1 Like

Hahaahahahahahahahhaahahhahaha, a bit disrespectful to anyone who has seen war but really there is no other way. The next great war starts with canceling some show or ruining another. The signs are all there , as Indiana Jones predicted !

1 Like

They totally hosed up Star Wars.

1 Like

I didn’t watch it or I think I didn’t . Probably even if I watched It would have had(?) a seizure.Kinda funny to say this when I am sober but maybe I did watch it and went bananas .Heard the comments … Empire f***ed up !
Read the book about Darth Bane and I liked it, it’s driving …

1 Like

“The Mandalorian”, a star wars series about Boba Fett, is going to premiere on Disney+…
I doubt that’s enough reason to subscribe, but definitely worth a free trial, if they offer one.

1 Like

I really do hope it’s gonna be good and true but kinda pessimistic about it… in a way that it will not be good for me and my taste …
There is so much good fan fiction now , kinda just copy paste and film it rather than what the guys who are paid for it write.

What’s up with Star trek discovery ? I liked it a lot an

Eh…they lost me during episodes 1-3, and although I’ve seen the recent ones, I was not impressed. They are just a retelling of episodes 4 5, and 6. The exception to this was Rogue One. I did enjoy this one. The “magic” of it all is gone, and the spell broken.

Dang. I just caught up on Daredevil. Gonna miss the directing and fight choreography.

1 Like

Doctor Who, great new cast. Pretty horrible writing. To me the attention is too divided now, guns are a thing, and haven’t seen Whitaker get a real shot at the stern side of the Doctor.

1 Like

I thought they were all excellently done and am tremendously disappointed by how the whole thing has gone down. I even liked Ironfist. Punisher was my favorite, but Daredevil is a close 2nd.

1 Like

As I suspected , The Doctor is dying …
Man I loved Capaldi and his speeches. The First and last thing his enemies see is that the Doctor of War is always unarmed :slight_smile: I think I’ll try … Watching it… I guess a lot of things i should let go.
Maybe one wobble of time will bring back the old spirit.

2 Likes

Huh, synchronicity.

Finished season 3 last night. This. Then tonight Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page) guest stars on a live show I watch, her just announced launching her own show. That must mean… I watch too much TV.

2 Likes

Did any of you guys get into Mr. Robot?
I’m on season 3, via Amazon Video.
I think it’s my favorite show since Breaking Bad.

1 Like

Anyone seen Dollhouse? Excellent writing in my opinion, too bad it wasn’t renewed and they had to compress the plot at the end.

1 Like

I will check this out.