Geeks Assemble! SciFi Thread

Sorry didn’t mean to go off the rails with it. I’ve done some light research on the topic and it’s crazy when you start peeling back the layers.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m in the same boat as you. I feel the same way about religious stuff too. I thinks there are so many things we can’t understand or comprehend because our brains are set to operate in a certain fashion. It may be that there is some kind of cosmic connection to so many things we take for granted. The crazy thunderstorm that just swept across the city in the middle of February? Could be just that, or it could be something we will never understand (not global warming😛).

It’s all good and it’s all speculation. Nothing to be sorry about. There are no rails:):slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Most people look at me like what are you talking about. To put it mildly I view things around me very differently and process information differently. In one hand I can find unorthodox solutions to a lot of problems however I can’t seem to fix simple problems in my own life. Which is a huge reason why I had relapsed 6 times before I finally made it to where I am now.

2 Likes

Yes🤣 I think a lot of us have a variety of not-fitting-in psyche. And what a kick ass thing that among each other, thay very feeling is (or CAN be) turned on its head!

2 Likes

Man its crazy to kill yourself with drugs and booze, thinking about alien life is just thinking. We all have our view points and beliefs, also you can think about something and not belive it exist at the same time.

Got an idea from a post
If alchohol gets in the way of your life ditch it , if aliens get in the way ditch em too.
Sci fi shows books and stuff help me but i liked sci fi before i needed help so it should be a source of positive vibes thinking and stuff. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is my like. (Apparently I maxed out and was told to wait an hour. About 40 minutes ago. Now it says wait 58 minutes.)

Aliens are in my phone!

1 Like

SY445voyage_18cr-5-530w_thumb

Voyage to the bottom of the sea. Late 1960’s. Was like Star Trek under the ocean. Special effects were about the same.

4 Likes

Ultraman_Specium_Ray

Ultraman. 1960s and 1970s Japanese scifi series. Dudes in rubber suits fighting each other. If one looked closely, many of the villainous monsters were recycled from other “ToHo Vision” monster movies, like Godzilla, Gamera, and Monster Zero"

3 Likes

WSBK 56 TV out of Boston or UPN 20 TV out of DC? Those are the markets that carried Ultraman in the US, back in the day.

1 Like

Makes sense UPN affiliates would share. WSBK was home if “Creature Double Feature”. Show was produced in Boston, but shared with affiliate in Philadelphia. Saturday afternoons. Ran an oldschool American horror movie like “I was a teenage wearwolf” or “Attack of the Giant Shrews”, and then a Japanese “ToHo Vision” giant monster movie. Great days to be a kid, 70s and 80s.

Battle Beyond The Stars 1980s remake of the 1960s western The Magnificent 7, which itself was a remake of the early 60s Kirasawa movie, the Seven Samurai. What was cool about Battle Beyond The Stars was Robert Vaughn played the exact same character as he did in the Magnificent 7.

1 Like

For me, it was Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. On weekday afternoons WSBK would run Japanese Anime. Starblazers and Force Five or the Thunderbirds. I would watch it while folding my newspapers, getting ready to hit my route. Local PBS ran Dr. Who from back in the 50’s and 60’s in the evening.

Loved that show. Firefly was canceled way too soon. Did you like the movie? I thought they did a good job tying up the loose ends. Hated what happened to Wash.

2 Likes

It made me so sad that he died!!! :sob: I loved Wash!!! But yeah I really liked the film. I know a lot of people don’t. Just not that part!!!

1 Like

My favorite episode is the one where Jane is a mythic hero on the mud planet.

1 Like

:astonished: my people!!

2 Likes

oh my God I love this thread so much! you guys are my people!
PS @Yoda-Stevie I LOVED Firefly as well and was so sad when it got canceled. What a horrible move I thought. I would have been faithful to the end. Smh

2 Likes

I love it when Simon is looking at the statue of him and says “this must be what going crazy feels like” lol

1 Like

I’m more into gaming than TV, and Mass Effect series has been truly amazing to play. Still remember many of the moments from them. P&P roleplaying in sci-fi worlds is super fun too because it does give more possibilities imagination wise.

1 Like