Geeks Assemble! SciFi Thread

Just watched the last episode of Britannia. Hope there is a 2nd season. More fantasy than anything else, but the storyline is very engaging.

1 Like

Lool :joy::+1: Either sharks or aligators or a white whale :joy:

1 Like

Or clowns riding giant spiders.

1 Like

Man, that would be the scariest thing ever, i am quite afraid of spiders and bloody hate clowns.

Walking dead is really good, great characters and i just love zombie apocalypse scenario …

1 Like

I love this series too, never get’s boring

1 Like

I think i love the genre cause in them you are somehow forced to do things that you normaly wouldnt ( i dont mean r*pe,murder,eat people and stuff), kinda survival and starting new, cause i think this civ needs a fresh start :wink:

Just had dinner and now I’ll watch 2001 - A Space Odyssey :green_heart: Old but gold!

1 Like

“Open the pod bay doors Hal…”

“I’m sorry, Dave. I can’t do that right now”

One of my all-time favs. Enjoyed 2010 too. Have you read all the books in the series?

1 Like

No never read the books. And I never watched both movies completely, only pieces of it.

I would highly recommend that you do. So much more detail in the books, and this really brings the films into deep focus.

1 Like

Went opening night. I thought it was really solid. My wife wasn’t excited about it and came away thinking it was one of her favorite Marvel films.

1 Like

2001 done. Now I’ll watch 2010 too :star_struck:
I’m picking up my ordered cook-book tomorrow at the book store, will have a look if they have the 2001 and 2010 books too

1 Like

You’ll love the fact that there’s more books than films. There’s 2061, and 3001 too, so you get to see how the saga ends. 2061 was actually my favorite.

1 Like

Woah exciting!!

Welcome to old-school geekdom.

1 Like

I saw the trailer several weeks ago and thought it looked sucky. I was shocked when I read how well it’s been doing. Now I have to see it, lol.

3 Likes

Watched one episode of Misfits, … 3rd season now… Super fun …great take on powers … Lactokinesis

I watch it on Netflix .

Was never big on this,never had any time really,being shitfaced and all. Netflix is really good , has some great shows for my taste… Misfits are great, The Expanse, Altered Carbon, Star Trek Discovery … Have no idea about other providers…never used any of them …

1 Like