Off topic - inflammatory arthritis

Not addiction related…but I thought there are lots of people here with knowledge of natural treatments so it couldn’t hurt to try.

I had an x-ray done the other week and the results came back indicating “early inflammatory arthritis”. Blood work earlier indicated no rheumatic markers…which makes me think it is likely psoriatic (which makes sense since I had nasty skin rashes etc over the fall and Christmas holidays that seemed to be psoriatic too (not eczema).

But the x-ray says “early inflammatory arthritis” which makes me think they will say medical treatments are not required yet and we’ll just watch it.

SOOOO…what can I do to prevent arthritic flare ups (so, natural anti-inflammatories) and what can I take when there IS a flare up (natural pain relief).

So far I have turmeric/curcumin. That’s it.

2 Likes

I would page Dr @DungeonMaster on this one. Perhaps Valeria root may have some similar skeletal muscle relaxing properties as valium as I believe they are essentially derived from the same source (could be wrong on that) v alerian root wouldn’t risk your sobriety in the way valium or other prescription medications may. I doubt that helps but you,'ve asked a good question imo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apple cider vinegar and cinnamon, my go to remedies (and turmeric :wink:)

Interesting…I did read about ACV for psoriasis but only as a topical for skin rashes. I’ll give it a try. But I’ll try to take gummies or something. I did drink ACV for a little while and then I read it can be very damaging to the throat so I stopped.

Yes and your teeth, I take capsules daily :+1: hope it settles down for you.

I found going low carb helped immensely with my inflammation. Especially getting off the sugar. Like night and day how I feel overall. I used to have a lot of inflammation and some arthritis in my hands and elbows…none that I notice anymore.

2 Likes

You’re mean!!!

But yeah, I do think my body works better on a low (or lower) carb diet.

Ugh. But carbs soooo gooooooood.

1 Like

Yes, carbs are yummy for sure. I also take a d3 and a turmeric/curcumin daily…but I believe the lack of sugar and processed food is what alleviated my inflammation. Healthy fats are a must too for an anti inflammatory lifestyle.

Look into the book Medical Medium by Anthony William’s.
It’s an absolute must have.

There are a lot of supplements that you should be taking to reduce inflammation, which have been discussed. I treat a lot of inflammatory disorders through Chiropractic care with a lot of success. This ought to be an option you consider in seeking to control your symptoms.

1 Like

Try apotherapy. Most bees owners don’t have artritis due to the fact that bees bites which they often get change their immune system

old topic but while it’s here, eat kale it’s really good for you and has natural anti inflammatory

1 Like

Yoga!
I was diagnosed with arthritis when I was 25 and began taking meds soon after, but the meds became stronger over the years to deal with increasing pain (none were pain-relievers only anti-inflammatory, I got sober about 7 years after the diagnosis). At age 40 I began doing yoga and within 6 months I stopped the arthritis meds altogether. Now, at age 68, the nature of my arthritis has changed to be more like neuropathy and I take meds at night for that, but I continue to do very active yoga.

Try oregano oil.i was taking it for something else then I broke my back.it has potent anti-inflammatory properties well after breaking my back and major surgery I took it to prevent sickness wasn’t eating or sleeping and if I ended up with a cough I probably would have offed myself.it did help with my back was able to feel my legs(I was blessed I’m not paralyzed)from my butt down its very number similar to sitting on your hand for a while.well I have osteoarthritis in my right hand its very painful at times I can’t button my pants etc since I’ve been taking it I’ve had no pain in my hand and it hurts every day prior.idk you might want to try it.have a blessed day :pray: