Officially 24 hours and 30 min sober

Took me a long time to get even here. Been drinking for the past 5 years but the past two have been practically daily. I had small cravings but nothing I couldn’t shake off today. I just want to get this monkey off my back already!!

8 Likes

Welcome Lizzy,

There are lots of resources and support on this forum. Glad you had an easy day today. I hope you take adavantage and read as much as you can. There will be some hard days. Remember why you want to quit drinking when those days come.

3 Likes

I can relate. Once those hours and days get longer you will enjoy it more with better sleep and less stress.

5 Likes

Congratulations! It is definitely trying those first few days. I am at day 5 and my umpteenth attempt at quitting. I had some cravings today after traveling for 4 days. I thought it’d be good to relax and crack one open, but I thought about tomorrow, i thought about my liver, I thought about how great I’ve felt these past few days and the hope I’ve been given for my and my son’s future and it’s what kept me strong. Stay strong and keep fighting!

4 Likes

Welcome! I’m on 48 hours. We got this

3 Likes

Hi @Lizzyb313 , welcome! Great work on 24 hours! Stay strong, I’m glad you found us :blush: together we are stronger :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes