Ok guys need u

Ok need you guys more than ever. I am going away to the beach with my in laws. The doc told me not to drunk at all because that would be trading one addiction for the other, which o don’t drink hardly at all anyways. Buy my in laws are big drinkers and I can see myself turning to drinking, just to have the same side effects as pills, minus the hangover, lol. I feel I got this and i know I got this with your help. My in laws know what is going on, so I don’t think they will allow me to do anything I am not supposed to. I will try to post often, hopefully. U guys rock

6 Likes

Alcohol is definitely something to avoid as a replacement, it’s a nasty drug too remember.

Bring your own beverage with you, some nice fruit juices or whatever you like. There’ll be safe members of your family so stick with them.

Think about the sea air and how good that will be for you, take a moment every now and again to pause and appreciate it and be conscious of how good you are feeling.

Check in here when you need to, we’ll be around and most importantly, enjoy yourself. You can do this.

4 Likes

Thank you for the help.

You are stronger than you think. Wiser than you know. And more fun when you have a clear head heart and conscience.
You will do it.
No doubts
No second guesses.
You Are freaking batman.

5 Likes

Hey tosh you got this. Just think about having to report in to us tomorrow that you had a great time and didnt drink a drop! Honestly yesterday was one of my toughest days that i have faced so far and all i kept thinking about is that is did i want to get on here today and have to let myself and all of you down by havimg to report that I F’s up again and that i caved and drank or would i rather get on here and report that i used my stregths to get through a stressful day and that i was still sober. Well, guess what? I am still sober and althoigh it doesnt sound like much i am proud to say i am on day 6 of being totally alcohol free and other than the insomnia on nights i have to work (i get up at 3am for work) i am starting to feel better than i have in months! Thank you everyone for this great community and all of your support!!

7 Likes

Stay strong @Tosh012 you’ve got this :sunglasses:

Keep us in your pocket @Tosh012. We’ll try not to be too loud :joy:

1 Like

You are freakin Batman!

Thanks Gabe.
Some days I feel like I can take on the world, others like it’s a dog eat dog world and I’m wearing milkbone underwear…

2 Likes

Since alcohol is not your drug of choice I can see how it might be OK to have one or two. However the way you said you wanted , “to have the same side effects as pills”, is dangerous. You want to use alcohol to basically cheat or break your sobriety which worries me that it would lead to a relapse with your DOC.

I guess you have similar concerns. Best to listen to your doctor and just enjoy the beach. Skip the hangover and have a fantastic weekend!

Aww thank you needed that

Aww yea congratulations to you. Great job not caving. I keep thinking the same thing you did as well as letting my family down. Drinking isn’t my thing, but I worry it could be since I am not using any more.

1 Like

Right, had a rough day today, with the drive down here and a rough couple days since my doc took me off my anxiety meds cause they are addicting.

Okay so I’m happy you already know yourself well enough to know that drinking could turn into a problem. I know lots of people who drank or pill addicts who didn’t drink but they used pills and added that addiction or vice versa. & I always figured I was addicted to pills, not alcohol so why can’t I drink? I relapsed with alcohol and ended up scoring Xanax and weed that same night. I was using my DOC oxycontin the very next day. Drunk you doesn’t know when to stop or that you can’t just have one pill, not to mention mixing them is incredibly dangerous that’s how I overdosed in fact. Try to bring yourself lots of different flavored drink and or foods. Keep on trying new things to keep your mind occupied and obviously don’t drink. If you can say no to that first drink you won’t have a hard time the whole rest of the time. I hope you do well and please keep us updated ! If you have too, stay sober just to keep us updated with your struggles! YOU CAN DO THIS, HAVE FUN

2 Likes

Haha I do all the time. My husband is always saying who are you texting I’m like I’m not I’m helping or getting help…lol

1 Like

Thanks, I did the same thing you did years ago and that is what worries me about drinking. My husband and in laws know the situation so they keep a pretty good eye on me

1 Like

Thanks Tosh!

Thanks guys

lol I’m laughing out loud like a crazy person at reading this!

I just went through a similar weekend with my in laws and it was tough.

I allowed myself some extra treats and caffeine and took a TON of books about recovery and music playlists that help me stay focused on recovery.

Just try to be really loving to yourself. It maybe a tough fight but you’re taking the right steps to surround yourself with tools and outlets and information.

Good luck!