On a surprise trip

My husband brought me on a surprise trip and the first thing I thought was that it would be diffucult. I am not trying to be pessimistic, but I used to drink on trips. We walk in and there is the bar. I thought for a second that I’d get a glass of wine. But I know that will lead to another glass, then buying a bottle, being hungover, and drinking the next day, and the next, and the next. That was almost two hours ago. I’m not so much craving alcohol but I have this constant pissed off feeling. Maybe if I get it off my chest I can let it go and try to enjoy the pool and spa.

3 Likes

When im at bars i usually order a tonic with some extra limes. Lets me hold on to something besides a beer/cocktail. Plus its usually free!

Rememeber drinking will not improve the quality of your trip. You will regret being hungover and not being able to get the most out of your time away

4 Likes

A pool and a spa? And a partner who treats you to a trip? That sounds like items on a gratitude list!

8 Likes

I get that feeling. But I try and turn it around. I’m not loosing anything by not drinking.
So it’s what I would have done in the past as well. First thing, head straight for the bar.
Not anymore!
I don’t drink!
And also, wow a suprise trip. Your spoilt😂

2 Likes

I sure wish my spouse would travel with me. Get yourself an iced tea or whatever AF drink you prefer ASAP. Enjoy!:unicorn:

1 Like

@NotaDrop You can ask hotel to remove bar contents. :+1:

2 Likes