On day 2 of sobriety

On day 2 almost day 3 and I feel like shit. I got on meds for depression and it made me have anxiety. Had my 1st panic attack on sunday and i seriously thought I was having a heart attack. Just want to get through this week strong. My husbad is being very supportive. I have not told my friends yet. And my best friends wedding is in two weeks. I know they will all support my decsion but i guess i am feeling a little anxious to say what I am doing and then fail.

3 Likes

Those first days will certainly give you anxiety like no one should ever experience. But it’s the most normal thing in early recover. It won’t last forever, I promise! And once you make it through you will be a little more equipt to deal with the everyday anxiety that life throws at anyone and everyone.

Stay strong! And don’t think too much about what’s going to happen in two weeks. You will be a completely different person, I promise.

2 Likes

Thank you. I did 30 days a year ago and felt the best I had ever felt in my life. So I can do it and I know its time.

2 Likes

Just stay strong and aspire to feel that way again.
While i was reading this, the part with the hearth attack , it reminded me how many times i felt that way and that i dont wanna go back. So please do not worry about anything else, i have gone back to hell many times cause i worried about things i shouldnt have at the time. You are no.1 ! Take care of no. 1 !
I saw that here on the forums :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats on day 2! My advice is don’t worry about the wedding today. I know it’s hard. Focus on staying sober today and then the next day. Before you know it, you’ll be sober 2 weeks. Then when the wedding comes, decide if it’s worth it to drink. I bet it won’t be. You don’t have to tell friends that you’re getting sober. If they ask why you aren’t drinking, tell them you are on new meds and can’t drink. This isn’t a lie. I went through this same situation last spring. I managed two weddings sober, within my first 30 days. You can do it!

2 Likes

Very understandable! Keep at it. It gets better :fist:t3:

1 Like