On day 3 sober again! 😊

After beating myself up for reseting my 22 days sober I have finally forgiven myself. Everyone on here has been so encouraging and I want to thank each and every one of you. Relapse is part of recovery, but hopefully that will be my last slip up! I’ve decided I cant do this alone and will be going to an AA meeting on my day off to try it out! Congratulations on anyone eles hitting milestones, you guys give me hope! Feel free to share how long you’ve been sober!

7 Likes

Awesome! It’s so easy after a relapse/lapse to ride the wave of continuance relapse. The mentality of I’ve failed can scoop you up. The mentality of I made a mistake and I still want to be sober is so much stronger.

I’m so proud you are giving yourself a chance, and getting out of that cycle of self destruction both mentally and physically!

2 Likes

Yayyyyy!!! it’s so great to see you come back to the positive side of things! Shit happens. You learn and move on. I’m glad for you that you are willing to try something different and go to a meeting. It helps to be around like minded people. Just like here😉

Glad you’re feeling better pal

2 Likes

What you’ll eventually see is that the desire to be Sober (and therefore happy, content and 100 other positive things) will outweigh the day to day desire to use. You’ll still have days where you struggle, but with a proper PoA (Plan of Action) in place, you’ll get through those as well.
Congrats. Good decision on trying out a meeting. You may have to try more than one or in differing programs or locations to find one you dig.
Best,
Chandler

1 Like

Well done - I reset after 3 weeks (was my longest sober though in 9 years)

So was a good starting point for me 4 days sober again now

Good luck :wink:

1 Like

I’m back on another day 2. Been on and off since October 2015!! Two years probably done a total of 17 months off the 24. Better than nothing! Keep trying.

1 Like