On day 3.. unusual for me

IM ON DAY 3!!! Typically I don’t make it past day 3 before getting a drink. I need some encouragement please! The urge is strong. I will say though, these past 2 days I’ve felt more energized and in a good mood.

11 Likes

Then keep that energized feeling and focos on something else then not drinking. Go for a long walk, bingewatch “Stranger things” on Netflix, cook a nice meal from a recipe, go to the gym, etc. And before you know it’s day 4!
You can do it!!

2 Likes

Day 3 myself! Good luck and stay strong. Stock the house with things other than alcohol, like sparkaling water. I use La Croix. It’s in a can so it gives me the satisfaction of opening a can without the regret of finding 12 of them in the morning.

4 Likes

Well done that’s fantastic remember how good you’re feeling now and focus on that positivity you’ve got this :blush:

1 Like

Well done on 3 days maybe try a meeting and plenty exercise they will help wish you well

1 Like

Such wonderful advise from other forum members. As the cravings continue, make sure you’re talking to someone. If you have no one to talk to locally, post here. Let us help get through this part of your recovery.

NEVER CRAVE ALONE

Stick with it you are doing great, dont cave in, be strong.

1 Like

you’ve got this! you’re going to feel incredible when you wake tomorrow with no hangover. x

2 Likes

Just don’t drink! Just for today. Then you can have a day 4.
Just be strong. We’ve all been there!:grinning:

1 Like

Day 4 done?

1 Like