On ny way day 5!

Today marks day 5 of sobriety. What a God gifted feeling. I don’t know what changed my mind, but I do feel a turn around coming here for me. After binging for a while and losing several jobs due to this disease. I am hard headed to being able to heal this problem. I have been watching videos and I want to try and do it without rehabilitation. Any suggestions or people out there I can reach out too? I am 28 years old and I finally want to get my life together! Thank you!

16 Likes

What’s up man, welcome… now I would suggest some sort of way to work your recovery. Whether it be a.a, n.a, there are some podcasts you can listen to, watch YouTube videos. Excerise, literally everything. But sobriety has to have some sort of rehabilitation to it for it to work.

I am looking for a sponsor. I just don’t want to attend too a rehab facility.

1 Like

Awesome man. I’m 30, was heavy in to coke, and alcohol, literally any drug really. You can feel free to reach out to me any time man. I’m not saying I could be a sponsor, I attend meetings but I don’t work the steps. But my ears are always open. I do hear some spiritual change in you when you say feel a turn around coming. Stay listening to that feeling man. Congrats on day 5

2 Likes

Welcome, and congratulations on five days! I hope you find as much grace and support as I’ve found here. This is truly a special place, and I’m glad you’re here.

2 Likes

Congrats, im on day one, had 4yrs clean, been in a relapse 8 months. Today is the day im taking my life back. I know I can’t do it alone, thats why I’m here. Just don’t give up, I wish you the best, one day at a time.

5 Likes

Welcome, Jon! Nice to see you here!

Thank you.

Today is my day one after a 7 year relapse following 2 years clean. Good luck to you!

4 Likes

Welcome back!! Is there a root to the cause that you are aware of that made you commit on turning back to alcohol?

Welcome, stay strong my friend. We are all here together. How can we resolve this to assure you won’t go back tomorrow.

Thank you and I appreciate the warm welcoming. I am here for a long haul. I want and need the support and to be here for others.

1 Like

Thank you brother. I appreciate that kindly.

Welcome to TS! I just finished the book called This Naked Mind by Annie Grace. It is an amazing book and I really wish I’d found it earlier in my sobriety because I think it would have made the first few days/weeks less miserable.

I highly recommend it and I’ve heard some other people here recommend it as well from time to time. Might be worth giving a shot; it helped me convince my brain that alcohol is my enemy and not a friend.

2 Likes

Congrats on taking that first step to getting sober and back on track the first few days are the toughest but you will make it through!! One day at a time and it’s not just about saying no it’s waking up every morning WANTING to say no…I’m a certified recovery coach if you need anything or just someone to talk to my inbox is always open :grin: you got this!!!

1 Like

Thank you Tiffany. How can I get a hold of you?

I have that book somewhere!

1 Like

If you click on her profile picture you can click the envelope to write to her.

Excellent question, as it really puts a few things in perspective for me.

I remember simply just thinking… I’ll only have a beer… Let me reward myself on my 2 year sober anniversary… I can handle it…

7 years later I’ve made the same mistakes. Black out drunk. Belligerent and hurtful to friends and family. Drinking about 6 or 7 IPAs in 3 hours a night. The addiction has taken control every day now.

But f–k it. I’ve done this before. I’m not making the same mistake again. Too many people depend on me to live a healthy lifestyle.

Good luck to you!!!

1 Like

Tiff, as I click on your profile there is no option for me being able to reach out to you!