On the Brighter side of life

I’ve been a member here for a while and I recently had to start my tracker over due to a relaspse.

Im not here to make excuses for my decisions that lead to that. I’m here to grow and I have in such an enriching way.

Today I reached 1 month and 7 days with no blow. 1 year 1 month 5 days with no liquor.

I’m open and clear with everyone in my life about what sobriety means to me. I met a great girl that compliments my lifestyle. Though she does not relate to sobriety in the ways I do she accepts and supports me with compassion and courage.

Today the tides of my soul are shifting me towards a brighter life and it’s here that I will remain. Where I am free.

17 Likes

Gorgeous photo of you two and always good to hear from you!! Sounds like you are continuing to move forward with positivity and light…so happy for you!! And congrats on your year plus and month plus!! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

What a beautiful pic! Thank you for sharing. :heart:
Congratulations on your sobriety!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this. Your honesty and self reflection really ring true for me. Beautiful couple :heart::pray:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Indeed! Feels good to be back around and doing right by my self. Been working at new position that makes life a ton easier and I just keep putting focus into the positive things in my life. Great to hear from you :call_me_hand:t5:

Thank you! We make quite a pair indeed. Feels good to sober :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honesty and self reflection have carried me far in this journey. Thanks for your comment :slight_smile:

1 Like

You go girl! Get after it!

1 Like

It takes courage to open up and be honest with other’s. It also takes a lot of wisdom in being truly honest with yourself because at the end of the day, that’s what truly is important. To also find someone who truly understand you is the most wonderful feeling in the :earth_americas:.
You see, I can relate to you in all three aspects and I just want to say to continue building on this understanding and truth.

1 Like

Indeed!! Going after what I want has been the best thing I could’ve ever done for myself. Wishing you well on your journey my friend :orange_heart:

Your words are very moving and inspiring. I’m glad you can relate to my own. It truly is a wonderful thing to live in the realm of honesty. Thank you for your encouragement. Wishing you good tidings through all your endeavors :orange_heart:

1 Like

Also welcome to the community! It’s great to have you here :slight_smile: