On the way

Hi there, this is my 6th day of not drinking wine. I decided it last weekend, I wanted to stop. Today is Saturday evening, I baught a nice book, went already running, cleaned the flat, now I don’t know what else to do. I have so much more energy and time already, so for sure I will not drink tonight. Another plan I don’t have yet.
I am glad to be here. Sorry for my English, I am writing from Europe.

11 Likes

Way to go on 6 days. Congratulations

1 Like

Great job. By the topic title I thought worse. Reading is a wonderful way to keep your mind occupied. Keep up the good work and remember, NEVER CRAVE ALONE

2 Likes

Thank you @Jls1! And @Wunderbar thank you for this offer! The real craving isn’t there yet, it’s just the feeling of so much more time I have now. What to do? But tonight I won’t drink. Yes, I started reading again. Have a nice evening, sober and fresh :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Joyce,
Hello and welcome! I’m from Europe too, I’m Dutch. There are more European like us here, were you from?

1 Like

Congratulations its a great feeling a sober weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Waking up pretty happy. Then I worked hard, but I like it in this way. At home I waited for my oldest son, prepared dinner for us. Didn’t make sport so. And in the middle of all I wanted to rest a bit. While laying on my sofa, all bad memories of my ex came up. I got restless, angry and sad at the same time.

In similar moments mostly I wanted to drink (till 1 week ago) though I knew that my thoughts would even become darker…

What else could I do?

I remembered finally HALT, what exactly I learned only here - Hungry, a bit .

Angry - yes, man!

Lonely - nope.

Tired - oh yes!
And slowly the craving passed.

Thank you very much for being here and letting me read your stories!

4 Likes

Well done on your first week. Im also from Europe.

2 Likes

Your English is terrific.

So is your strength. The first huge step is really wanting to stop. Knowing that you want to.

What to do when you haven’t anything to do? Tricky one. And that’s the gap we often filled with alcohol. Remember though that you don’t have to be achieving something all the time. Going for a walk is fine. You’ll probably see things you never noticed before.

Remember, you don’t have to achieve anything to no doing something :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Congratulations on another day sober. We are able to make until tomorrow by not drinking today.

1 Like

You are right, just today. Today I don’t drink. That’s for sure!

Today is all we’re guaranteed. Yesterday is only a memory and tomorrow may never be ours.

2 Likes

Now that’s how alcoholics/addicts stay sober/clean. Planning ahead to keep yourself so busy you won’t have time to think about drinking is the best thing you can do in early recovery. Outstanding job! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I’m from Germany too :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @anon2074485! The world is small :smiley:
I am confident, I told some of my friends that I want only drinks without alcohol. We plan a picknick, they didn’t even ask why, it’s just okay. For sure they know why :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what your friends think does it? You do you, let them do them. Nice to know you have friends like that. Be happy!:smiley:

1 Like

Had a great time with my friends. I stayed sober, they just accepted, one has asked, I just said, not to drink let me feel better. We laughed a lot, played ball games like children, it didn’t matter at all if I drink or not. To see others drinking didn’t let me suffer.
I am happy and sober at midnight on a Saturday evening!

5 Likes

Omg I am so sorry. I wish you the best tomorrow and any man that hits a woman is no man at all… I really hope you will be alright tonight and tomorrow in court :heart:

1 Like

That’s great news,. I wish the best for your new journey in life and hope everything turns out good with work as well in December.

1 Like

I can’t really give you any advice in this situation except one: this will pass, believe in you :hugs: You’ll only have to see him 1x then hopefully never again.
And who knows what possibilities pop up with your job situation? I’ve seen some pretty awesome turn-arounds and spontanious job offers on here :heart:
Huggs

1 Like