On the worst days

On my worst days I would drown myself in alcohol. I would think Of it the minute I woke up and the minute I got out of work I would open a drink. On my worst days I would end up laying on the floor puking after picking alcohol over dinner. I would send messages to people about how I wanted to die. The next day id be so embarrassed that I would leave work and drink again to hide my self pity. What helped you get through the day afters? To be able to let go of the things you did last month, last year…when you really screwed up?

4 Likes

Time is what helped me. Time away from drinking. Sober time.

Wishing you the best,

1 Like

Sharing in my sober group. I joined a recovery group and shared and learned from people with more experience than me.

Take care and keep trying new things. You will find it.

2 Likes

I try to learn from it. I’m currently trying to bounce back after having gotten to three years sober then beginning to have occasional drinking “sessions” every two or so weeks. A binge.
I know now that I cannot stop if I start. The guilt the next several days is brutal. Time really heals so long as you let it.
Also, I am trying to help a couple of people who know are struggling. I feel like since I understand it, I can help in a way that promotes healing instead of blame and hate.

2 Likes

I feel the same where I think I’m okay to have one and I go all out and end up drinking every day all the time. I’m really hoping this is my last time doing this to myself. I feel with all the support here I can succeed this time! Thank you and I’m proud you noticed that it was an issue again. There are def people out in the world who don’t bounce back because they think they’ve handled it so that’s amazing of you :slight_smile: we can do this!

1 Like

I did all that and decided to go to AA and ive never looked back in the beginning it was hard but id rather be a sober than all the hardship drinking brought me .and it worked try a meeting might help wish you well

2 Likes