Once more unto the breech

Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently did three months sober but my overconfidence in thinking I could do moderation got me back in the same place. A whole heap of new rock bottoms. I’ve levelled to all my friends that this is it no more alcohol in the hope that some kind of contract will draw a line in the sand. My life is better sober and hopefully I can take this day 3 and turn it into 3000.

11 Likes

Welcome to what could be an active and supportive experience on Talking Sober, Mark! I also lurked when I first joined and it was so refreshing when I decided to join in and engage with my peers here. I hope you have the same experience and that it helps you to stay on the sober path. If you’ve lurked you probably know about some of the threads that could be more helpful to you. For me it was the check in thread that helped in the beginning. I really was comforted by the knowledge that I was going to post there everyday and recommit to staying sober that day. Over time I built friendships that went outside of this platform and I am so grateful for that connection. I hope you keep coming back and find what helps you on your path.

3 Likes

Thanks so much. will be looking forward to checking in on those threads as it really is one day at a time.

2 Likes

Hey mark! Glad you are here. Lots of great resources and people here to support you.

2 Likes

No hopefully…you WILL make it 3000 :wink:

1 Like

Brilliant for getting to 3 months, that is my target, and hopefully further keep going, you will be even stronger now :muscle::+1:

1 Like

Telling your friends is a big part of it. Society shames addicts but most people have an addiction of one kind or another, so getting it out there is an important step and one which will make you more likely to succeed.

2 Likes

Thanks for this, yes it certainly means I have to outline what some of them don’t see. Some of my rock bottoms they won’t know about, but I need to open up so they can see.im lucky that none of them are trying to talk me out of it and are all supportive. I’ve got this, this time, and one day at a time.