One day , the one that matters

Hello everyone , hope you are all well and if you aren’t I hope you will be.

This came to mind today as I was having a day unlike any other.

I honestly don’t remember well when and why I started drinking and it really don’t matter now. It went on for a while … A good while hahahah
And yeah it was probably fun at times and some hilarious events happened as people tell me.

I didn’t try quiting cuz it was fun. Yeah , like getting sick and when it’s just starting you’re all like nah it’ll pass , you go about your business till one day you’re lying in bed ,burning up ,covered in snot and smelling like piss. This is not fun at all dude. I get well a bit and then bam in the bed again all covered in all that glitter and happiness again. Noooooo fun at all.

Couldn’t finish college cuz I went mad from all the drinking and drugs and everyone was stupid there…hahahaha. So I went working , always relying on somebody else to do something about it… Got a job and in all these years I have very little to show for. Drinking as usual , self righteous and angry , mostly at myself, I always knew better … Till one day I decided I didn’t want to drink anymore. And this time for real , not your morning after pledge … I joined this forum on that day more than a year ago. People were wonderful , supportive with a lot of great advice and I thought I listened well, didn’t drink for more than two months I think… But I relapsed and went on a very long binge of d&d. Came back to the forum after again… Tried really hard and failed.

Desperate I came here and someone suggested to go to an AA meeting. I was in a different country, family far away…

That’s why I tried. I was desperate and couldn’t do it on my own.

Since the day I walked in I haven’t had a tought of drinking.

A lot happens in one day

One day I was drinking to get along
One day I was drinking to get well
One day I was drinking to get right
One day I was drinking.
One day I went to AA
One day I was done drinking.
One day I felt love.
One day one love
One day worth having.
One.

9 Likes

I really wanna believe this is Dungeons and Dragons, but know better. :rofl:

For real, beautiful post @Umpf.

2 Likes

I love reading the posts of people who find recovery like this

2 Likes

Beautiful poem. Wonderful post .

1 Like

Thank you for sharing :heart_eyes: Great post!

1 Like