One month sober today

Hey friends, I’m one month sober from my lust addiction today. It’s been a strange month. I feel better physically (most of the time), mostly it feels good not to be hiding anymore.

I am still plagued with fear and shame. My marriage is on the rocks, we’re seeing a therapist but I’m not sure if that will be enough. I’ve become increasingly aware of how progressively delusional I’ve been for the last 20ish years. Which is hard. I prayed this morning that God would change me or kill me, I feel indifferent which it is. I can’t go back to leading such a duplicitous life though.

Thanks to all of you who participate in this community. Our addictions may be different, but I identify with most of the things I see you post. This app has helped me get through some of my cravings when I couldn’t make a phone call. Thanks.

7 Likes

Mike,

Your marriage may be in a rough place, but if you both are committed to fixing it, you will. You’ve done a month, now do another. You can do another month, because you’ve proven to yourself that you can do a month.

Sobriety shouldn’t be looked at like weightlifting, where fatigue sets in and difficulty increases with each repetition. It should be looked at like breathing. You can take the next breath, because you’ve already proven you can breath. Now take the next breath!

Oh my gosh, I needed to hear that. This is my second time in the program. My first time I got to three years of sobriety and when I relapsed, it seemed impossible to get going again and I haven’t had more than a week of sobriety since, until now that is. I need to start thinking about it like breathing right now and stop thinking about it like tomorrow will be harder. Thanks Stevie.

1 Like

Hey brother…we’re chewing the same dirt here. Just passing along what is helping me. Got to beat the “Stinkin’ Thinkin’” that trips us up, and holds us back.

Congratulations @MikeSeekingHope,you did it…awesome… Its my one month today as well!!!Yay…lets keep the months coming!!!8)Congrats again!!8)

1 Like