One thing you should know

Doesn’t matter what you are addicted to, you must understand that when you kick, it doesn’t make all your problems go away. It does however make them much easier to deal with.

5 Likes

I read it as the exact opposite :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I agree. Life is easier to deal with sober. It may be uncomfortable but it is easier.

2 Likes

No, I didn’t say that. I said “when you kick”. That means when you are no longer using.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s like: this shit is hard. How the fuck did I ever manage to stand this drunk and hung over??
(I didn’t)

1 Like

When I got sober my life got worse not better. My only solution was gone. It’s much different today of course. I hated those early days. Not sleeping, cold sweats, shakes, remorse, spiritual malady… it did shape the person I’ve become however.

1 Like

Yeah. Our subconscious mind tries to make us believe anything to start using again. And too many times we believe it. I was high for so many years, when I kicked I felt like being sober was a high in itself. And it is. It’s truly a rush.

This Is So True! I believe for me it’s just seems harder and longer financially,spiritually and emotionally bc I dont have mood alternates substances to camouflage my feelings…I got to deal with me! I am trusting this process…