One week clean off alcohol today!

I was addicted to methamphetamine, alcohol, and pills for years. I have completely defeat the drugs and have not used any in over 5 years. I have had periods of complete sobriety for a year and year and a half in this period of time. In the last couple of years I have been drinking and just received my 2 dui and am getting back to going to meetings tomorrow. I do have a week clean off everything today. I am posting this because It’s time for me to take my recovery on alcohol VERY serious.

17 Likes

Welcome Kevin! This forum and meetings have helped me tremendously. I’m sure you’ll have the same experience. Glad to have you apart of this TS family.

1 Like

Thank you!

Welcome! That sucks but if that was what gets it to stick this time then there’s a silver lining. Stick around! Is that a weight bench under those clothes, :smile: jk…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

yea, I think there is one under there somewhere. Lol. And thanks. Right now I’m praying that, that was it. No more

1 Like

You’re in control, it’s really hard to fight it but you can do it. It took me a few tries but I finally made it past 200 days. I’m definitely not any better than anyone else, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you. And congrats.

1 Like

Thank you. It has only been a week but I have had a HUGE eye opening moment

1 Like

Like to welcome you here I’m 13 or 14 days sober and this as really helped me. I read and learn from others. Also helps me from wandering to far from my sobriety.

1 Like

Thanks I’m starting to see that. I wish I would have found this earlier. It’s a great resource

2 Likes

Congrats on one week! That’s no easy feat :slight_smile: Keep it up and check in often!

1 Like

Keep going your doing great

1 Like

Very happy to read this my brother , stay strong , stay focus and you will see a life in sobreity that you didn’t think was possible.

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate the encouraging words

1 Like