One week down...forever to go

What an awesome feeling to be booze free for a whole week. My record is 9 days…I know, terrible, but I have a sponsor now and attend 4 AA meetings a week. gym 6 days a week…this new lifestyle is so much better.

8 Likes

@Bkeim2 well done ,I’m doing a lot of exercise too, that works for me,big hug and keep pushing

1 Like

Hey! Exercise is great to clear the mind and stay focused. I’m on day 3 and just finished a 5km hike :grinning:feeling fantastic

2 Likes

Day 4.I love hikes, a big hug a have a nice day and feel free to chat any time

2 Likes

No amount of time is terrible,it’s all awesome. Your doing great, keep at it.

1 Like

The important thing is not to hold a impressive milestone. If you’re just pushing yourself through the days wearily, it’s just a matter of time till you fall back. But regardless of time length, to really work through for total transformation in the process. That’s the only road to recovery.

1 Like

The last month has been up and down for me. AA meeting Saturday, relapse Sunday. 4 days sober, 3 days drunk, etc. So a week milestone is pretty powerful this time around. I really don’t want to look back this time.

2 Likes

well done stick in at your meetings great you have a sponsor, in my early days of soberiety i too went to the gym worked out hard six pack the whole package lol thats when i was 34 now im 65 i dont work out to much my landscaping company keeps me fit . doing great wish you well

4 Likes

Look at those killer savings! Keep up the awesomeness🐒

That sounds great! Are the AA meetings really helpful? I haven’t been to any although I do want to attend… Just curious about your experience.

They have been really helpful. Especially once you get to know a few people and have a network you can call when you’re craving a drink. I was really nervous at first but now I go to meetings 4 times a week.

2 Likes