One week! That’s not so meek!

One week five minutes ago!
I’d like to thank the Academy.

16 Likes

Congratulations on one week!! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Great job on 1 week!:clap::clap::clap:My 1 week just completed 3 mins ago…!!:pray::clap::+1:Yayyyy…lets do this!:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Thanks Flannery!

1 Like

Thanks Martina! Three minutes ago? I guess we’re synced. Yes let’s keep each other in czech, pardon the pun. You have to keep on going along with me. Think of how it would break my little heart if you did otherwise.

3 Likes

Nice work!! One week is awesome! And you got rhymes

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words Jack!:+1::pray:Yes WE can beat this together I pray…although this is one of my many attempts to stay sober…i could never do it for more than 5 weeks!!!:grimacing::grimacing:How about you?Your 1st attempt???:four_leaf_clover::pray:

Thanks Salty!

1 Like

I had over three months before because I was at a recovery or rehab place.
I made a rookie mistake because some time after I left, I was curious as to why I ever drank… what was the appeal to me? So I had a couple of light drinks just to see what it was all about. I couldn’t see the reason. So the next day I had a smidge of the hard stuff to see if that was different… not much different either, in fact, it almost seems to make me feel unhealthy, I thought. Imagine that! :laughing:
I guess my brain melted a bit though from those few inquiries into the stuff and it was the beginning of the end of my sobriety. I realize now I can’t drink at all and I don’t want to mess up my milestones so I’m happily done with the stuff.

3 Likes

It is so crazy that we can just slip right back into it so easily. If I drink one day, I am almost always drinking the next.

2 Likes

I know it’s bonkers. Some people just can’t drink at all I guess. I wish I was a normal person who can drink moderately. But I guess that, when you really think about it, there isn’t really any need to drink at all anyway.

3 Likes

Yeah,I hear you…i tried so many times,so many different ways to drink normally!!!Its exhausting to be honest…but every time I started back up I was getting drunk and sick much quicker and with more serious consequences,almost like my body was rejecting it big time!!!:grimacing::grimacing:I definitely feel good physically but I am emotional mess and I miss my "best friend"even though I know its trying to kill me!!How dumb is that???:poop::poop::poop:I just dont know how to "do"life without it and it is very frustrating!!!..Well, great job on 1 week to both of us,will check (czech) with you tomorrow…I am from Czech Republic btw…where are you from?:+1::+1:

3 Likes

It’s better to do life without it.
You’re an emotional mess probably because you were drinking to escape your own feelings.
I’m trying to bring my attention to my body, to be fully in my body, this time and let tensions dissolve… or bubble up I guess. Or both.
I was pretty emotional too sometimes. Or still am maybe. Anyway there’s a great documentary called the Wisdom of Trauma. It’s free to watch on this website a couple of more days. I’ll put the link below. Trauma can be subtle causes not just obvious ones. Can be caused by an absence of certain important things growing up and later.

2 Likes

Good job @JackP.Shaark the first week is often the hardest :+1:. There will be flare-ups of cravings later. Sometimes maybe even than the first week, but you just gotta keep on trucking. And if you do, you’ll end up with a much better life. Especially remember that you’re not destined to drink alcohol as you’ve mentioned a couple posts ago. I believe in you and I can’t wait to see your 69.69 days with a battery percentage of 69 :wink:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the encouragement.
Let us hope that my battery percentage will be at 69 when I’m at 69 days… I guess it will be at some point that day most likely. Will watch for it.
I do really feel like I really wasn’t destined to drink alcohol. Partly because some people just can’t, like me. And because 8 years ago I didn’t drink it regularly. But then I just made the mistake of using it to forget some things that’s were going on then. At the time, I thought it was a good idea. It really wasn’t. Guess I’m suddenly venting/despairing that I ever went down that road. Thanks for your ear :ear:

1 Like

I forgot to mention, I’m from Canada.

Congrats!! Thats brilliant!!

1 Like

Thanks Twizzle!

1 Like

Always here when you need it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the link you have sent…I will look it up!!!:+1:I know logically life is better without it but maybe because I had always struggle with self worth,self confidence and just plain loving myself for who I am I didn’t care if I was harming myself with alcohol.I was at treatment 3 years ago after I got my DUI so I learned the basics about addiction and knew I was headed to jail,institution or death yet it never stopped me from picking that bottle again and again…!:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:Hope you are having good sober day,day 8…right?:+1::+1::pray: