One week! That’s not so meek!

Yes I made it to 8 and onwards. Congrats on your day 8 :+1:
I walked into a grocery store recently that sold it and didn’t feel craving.
Let’s keep going. Getting back to the city soon and plan to be good.

2 Likes

Hi Jack,how are you?Staying strong at day 10?:pray::+1:I am actually doing ok but everything reminds me of drinking(coming home from work,going grocery shopping,sitting by the pool,cooking dinner…etc…its a long list…)I was pretty much drinking at all occasions so anything I do drinking just pop in my mind and makes me wonder…!:grimacing:Will this way of thinking ever go away???Will I ever be able to enjoy anything without it???It scares me…How are you feeling on day 10?:+1::pray::grin:Sending regards from Tampa!:clap::clap:

Yes I got my Ten Day medallion today.
I hear you about things reminding you of the habit. I am actually out in the nature these days at a cottage or cabin. They do sell alcohol here but I haven’t had cravings much at all. I’m going back to the city on Friday so I will experience strongly the reminders of the habit to drink just by being back in my usual environment. You are doing great considering you are in your usual environment and not bothering to drink. Not drinking takes less effort than blinking your eyes - you don’t have to do nothin about nothin to not drink. Drinking actually takes some effort, and a lot of money lost.
I’ve been to Tampa. Stayed at treasure island but biked all over - St. Petersburg, Tampa. And then I took the Amtrak from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale. I of course drank too much and almost got beat up thanks to talking with the wrong people. And then I went and stayed in Miami and then at a hostel in Florida City and I went to Key West also.

2 Likes

Well Done!! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Thanks Oneatatime!

1 Like

Hi there…glad you are ok!:pray:Well I didnt make it through the weekend…!:poop::poop:We went to Treasure Island for my sons BD weekend and I just couldnt imagine celebration by the pool without booze…so I slipped!!:grimacing:So I drunk the whole weekend!:scream::scream:It sucks!!!:cry::cry:

1 Like

Keep it up buddy.

1 Like

Sorry to hear it. I got back to the city and haven’t drunkt.
Just start again. I was thinking just yesterday morning how nice it is to wake up without a hangover.
Anyway, just remember that alcoholism is like a parasitical movement or a foreign instalment that has hijacked your mind and basically will have a life by taking yours. Well that’s surely what it feels like anyway. Don’t fall for the little bugger’s tricks anymore.
And also, don’t listen to the cockadoodee notion that relapse is part of the process of recovery.
That notion ends up being a self-fulfilling prophecy and it’s almost as though whoever said that wants people to stay off the wagon and never stay on.

1 Like