One week! Today is the hardest so far

I have officially reached my first complete week of being sober. It’s hard to realize now looking back that I cannot remember the last time I went a full week without drinking. I’m proud of myself and am feeling more upbeat than I have in awhile. I rewarded myself last night by going to the movies with a friend (I set it up at the beginning of the week as something I could do if I did not drink the entire week).

But now, I’m proud of myself and it’s Friday and o just want to celebrate with a glass of wine…but it’s never just a glass. But the craving is strong. Instead of just white-knuckling my way through the evening, what do you all recommend as a way to celebrate and relax without going for the bottle?

8 Likes

Favorite meal.
Spend time with movie friend.I
Ice cream or fav dessert.
If weather is nice in your area, long walk.
Concert.

That’s all I have off top of head.

2 Likes

I celebrate with cake, much more delicious than wine and no hangovers. Stay strong.

3 Likes

wow good job.

you are feeling upbeat. you are doing it right. keep it up! :slight_smile:

I had that same feeling tonight. I had a cup of tea and some chocolate and have gone to bed, knowing I’m going to wake up feeling fresh, having not made a fool of myself and ready for a day with my daughter.

This could be the exact same words I posted on my first week! I, like you was so proud of myself. And we have every right to be proud. Well done!
The thing, the main thing that kept me from drink was exactly that; I’d gone a week. I knew how hard that week had been for me. And the determination to not have to do it again was enough to keep me going.
Even when the voice was saying " go on, treat yourself". So I did, like you. Except I went and bought a jacket I wanted.
Well done my friend, and yes keep treating yourself. And as @Frantasticooo Fran says, there’s always cake! Lots of cake.

2 Likes