One week tomorrow, and I can't stop crying

I’m sure the crying is normal. I’m also sweating profusely. I’ve done this before (numerous times), but I don’t remember anything about it. I can’t remember the last time I was sober for an entire week. One more day!

16 Likes

Good for you Christine! :partying_face: One day at a time, one hour at a time.

4 Likes

It is normal lol lol. I have spells where I feel like that for no reason what so ever also. Alcohol is a depressant and it affects ur central nervous system, ul get through it over time. I’m on day 12 now,

8 Likes

Welcome!

In the beginning, a gentle breeze would make me cry. 25 years of alcohol suppressed emotions.

1 Like

Congratulations you got this stay strong never look back think about why you started think about what has changed and stay positive keep going you got this girl !!! Im rooting for you

2 Likes

I have 202 days and still cry (alot some days). At my one week point i couldn’t open my mouth without crying and i hated it. I said this to another woman in the program who had multiple years and this is what she said… “It takes water for things to grow” . It was so cheesy but it stuck. You are growing. Be proud of yourself. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

If you are anything like me, you have years of emotions you didn’t allow to surface while drinking and using…so now that we are cleaning up our systems, our emotions are able to bubble up again. Let them out and be free. :heart:

2 Likes

It took me about 3 weeks before I had my breakdown. It was not fun lol but looking back at it now I can laugh about it. When I stopped drinking I felt good enough to go off my meds, and it had been a week off those when ALL the emotions hit. I’m pretty sure everything made me cry for several days straight. Thankfully a close friend noticed what had happened and convinced me to get back on the meds. I miss drinking on occasion, but I can manage those feelings so much better now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I made it. I wanted to drink so many times yesterday, but somehow got through it without the booze.

5 Likes

Welcome to the humble area!!! You have to take it one day at time, and your no different than any of us!! I’ve been a alcoholic since I was 16 years of age. I’m now 47. Life doesn’t give u more than u can handle. We all relign on one another for advice and encouragement and everyone here is great!! So good luck with recovery. And I’m glad you are here!!!

1 Like

Thanks Tara. I started drinking around the same age (16). I’ll be 47 in a few weeks. I have also battled a method addiction, but I’ve been clean from that over 13 years. I justify alcohol because it’s legal. I’m a brutally bad binge drinker, who blacks out and doesn’t remember all the things ld done the night before. Completely humiliate myself on social media etc.

2 Likes

Yo, I am a Full grown male adult and I am around 13 days off subs- and I shit you not I be watching Netflix shows everyday tearing up and crying a little from this shit :joy::joy::joy: it’s nice to get them feels again though cuz it been a minute. I feel your pain ! I’ve detoxed countless times over and over again but this time doing it by myself without a program- seems to be different cold turkey, especially from subs this time instead of dope. Good luck to you on your journey, and EMBRACE THE FEELS!

1 Like

That’s an awesome saying thanks for sharing @Theresem22 :metal:t2::sunglasses: