One weekend down!

Made it through the weekend without drinking for the first time in months! At 9 days now and feeling a tad more hopeful. Y’all rock! Let’s keep on rocking sobriety together :grinning:

22 Likes

That’s great! The first weekend is a big test for a lot of us!

:metal: :clap: :clap: :metal:

2 Likes

Way to go!!!

1 Like

Yes!! @kpear826 The first one’s a real toughy, so well done for getting through it! You totally got this!

1 Like

Awesome…they get easier as they go. I’m on day 22…feels great. Stay strong😄

1 Like

Well done ! I really hope come Monday I can post the same, I’m struggling today tbh and I’m even more nervous about the weekend! Really need to find the strength from somewhere but reading posts like this help a lot !

2 Likes

@MsXs well done!! I’m 10 days in day 4 and 7 were my hardest which was wierd to me always thought it would be the first couple of days! Im coming up to my 2nd weekend but last weekend I was dreading the sun was beaming everyone was heading to beer gardens I nearly convinced myself I could have a coke instead I did something I’ve not done in years I got my trainers out and ran! I felt amazing everyone is different but start preparing to do something completely different and you’ll get through it before you know it it will be Monday again (not sure that’s a good thing :persevere::joy:)

6 Likes

Thanks for your reply Hun , I broke yesterday :pensive: so set my counter again after my final drink , I can’t wait to kick this addictions butt! Lol , I’m hoping as I’m starting at Day 1 again today ,I will find it easier to get through the weeken. I really need to make other plans but the thing is I drink a lot at home after days out etc so I sometimes make other plans and then come home and drink anyway​:woman_facepalming:t3:. I need to fix up so bad ! I need to find some willpower from somewhere x

4 Likes

Good on you chick though you have got straight back on it could have told yourself I’m just guna fail so what’s the point but you haven’t give yourself credit that is willpower right there @MsXs! I don’t really go out I’m a single mum I started on a bottle of wine every night after a hard day at work and I’d put him bed I called it “me” time but “me” time became a bottle of wine and ten cans of larger this went on for 5 years I’m 27 and was told my liver was failing wake up call I needed! I did a clinical detox at home for 7 days a nurse came to visit me, I did a list of pro and cons if I carried on drinking I couldn’t think of one pro! I’ve bought books gone running colouring I’ve even got to a park just to sit on the swings for a hour :joy: you can do it, you will do it, don’t be scared to ask for help… best thing I read on this forum never think about tomorrow just when you get up in the morning and say today I’m not going to drink keep that in your head all day, before you know it your on your next day telling yourself the samething again! :heart::facepunch::muscle: xx

3 Likes

@kpear826,that is totally awesome. You should be so proud of your self… I know I am very proud of you. Keep up the great work. And remember to give thanks to your higher power for guidance and the blessings he has already bestowed upon you already…:purple_heart::leopard::pray: And good luck you have this…

1 Like

Yeh I’m so determined to quit, it just feels like the little voice in my head that’s well on the party seems to have a lot louder voice than the one that wants the clean life. I bloody hate the hangovers tho! They are the bane of my life ! I so can’t wait to be free! Wow bless ya ,how did you find out about your liver? I did the same when I was a single mum but spirits have always been my thing, and trying to make a party out of any situation, I even convinced myself my kids prefer drunk and fun me ( what a joke) . I think I need to make those lists and keep all the cons to mind . Iv brought books lately not that I read much for pleasure, I’ve never been a reader tbh and I’m currently studying forensic psychology at uni so I get sick of reading, however, I have brought a book called spirit junkie , it’s a self help book from a lady that kicked her alcohol and drug addiction by finding her spirituality, it’s a good read if you like that sort of thing :blush:. Anyway Hun good luck and thanks for your words of wisdom xx

2 Likes

Thanks y’all! Another weekend ahead of us! Let’s do this!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And I’ve just got back from a pub lunch, ate well to much but still firmly on the wagon of sobriety :ok_hand::raised_hands:t2::muscle:t2:xx

3 Likes

Way to go Ms!! Keep that positivity up! This weekend will be my first in a long time and it’s supposed to be a beautiful weekend. Gotta keep myself busy for sure!

2 Likes

I can’t remember my last sober weekend! Really hope I will make it through this one ! I’m beating this one minute at a time at mo ! So chuffed I made it home sober tho :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

I can’t remember either! We can make it through together! If I live with a bar right in the clubhouse where I live and I can resist than I know you can too!! Try and do something active this weekend to release some happy endorphins! :muscle:t4::muscle:t4:

1 Like

Good idea Hun and after the lunch I ate I really should put my efforts into burning that off lol xx

2 Likes