One word on how you feel today

I think it’s excellent! It touches on every aspect of life not just addiction… I’ve read every chapter, not just the ones I thought pertain to my particular situation. You can literally see, where every aspect is interconnected with each other to include addiction or your thoughts if your addicted. It has invoked a lot of thought in my full perspective.

1 Like

Emotional. All these feelsies!

2 Likes

Fantastic. Thanks so much for the recommendation. I’ll see if it’s available via kindle.

For example, you always hear the phrase “ Get sober for yourself” not anyone else.

The book explains that if you do it for “them”, you also hold them responsible for your sobriety! So, if your husband/wife makes you mad or wants a divorce! Guess what? Yep, the reason you quit is gone, and you’ll have a tendency to fall back into old habits…

3 Likes

Actually that makes a lot of sense. I sometimes find myself resentful of my husband because he’s not an addict and can drink or not as he pleases. But that’s my issue, not his. Hopefully this book will help me to reframe my thoughts and feelings.

Yeah, it addresses that and even gives hints at how… some people maybe able to re-wire their thinking for that rare drink once a month. Unless, the first drink in your life led to immediate addiction. (Probably shouldn’t post that here) could be false and deceptive to some people.

Interesting. I’ve read a few other books that talk about the possibility (for some) of moderation. I developed a drinking problem after spending years very I’ll, eventually on a feeding tube. I drank normally for a decade. Right now I feel like a drinking moratorium is in order for myself, but I just take it a moment at a time. Anything else is too daunting.

Understandable! I hope the book gives you knowledge and tools to help you.

1 Like

I’ve been feeling the same way lately. It’s very weird. So I’m with you on that one. At least we aint alone.

1 Like

This morning I found out what was wrong yesterday, I had forgotten to take my meds Saturday night.

Uncertain :thinking:

What you uncertain about??

My addiction, where i want to go, what I want to do

Failure, weak

Forward-moving

1 Like

Comfortable. It’s nice getting to know me, not placing unrealistic expectations on other people. It’s nice getting emotional and working through it, coming out the other side with greater positivity. It’s nice praying to a higher power, talking about my difficulties and how to best be of service to other people, not making everything and everyone about my wills and my wants. It’s nice realizing I have everything I need for this journey called life

4 Likes

Grateful. :pray:t2:

1 Like

I am feeling freed

2 Likes

Saucy. Buttnugget.

Inexperienced

1 Like