One word on how you feel today

It’s a feeling most every single person here has felt. You aren’t alone.

The best way to relieve yourself of shame is to stay sober and make the next right move today. Gettint stuck in the past will do just that, keep you in the past. Stay present, stay with the “what good action can I do today” thought process.

2 Likes

Good sound advice thank you.

Imagine trying to type that word while drunk😂

So now you know what it’s going to take to succeed this time and that’s a lot more than some people. You got this👍

No f…g kidding! I think I would have passed out in the middle of it! Also, would not have remembered the next morning what was it that I was confused about. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Regaining balance.

I had a really, really bad Sunday with my mood…worst since being sober. I tried and I tried, but I was just awful for a lot of it. Had an echo of rage again this morning.

But more I’ve run and showered and for the moment I’m alone. So moving toward health, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Done. Goodnight folks :sleeping:

1 Like

Unsure…

Headachy… when do they stop??

Optimistic, would be my word today.

3 Likes

“Excedrin Migraine or Extra Strength” did wonders for me. I had really bad headaches for the first 16-17days. Im finally sleeping better, not sweating all night and headaches are not as bad anymore

1 Like

Happily blessed.

Today is the wife and I’s 10 year anniversary of being a couple, and our 4 year wedding anniversary.

Through thick and thin doesn’t do it justice. She was always my lighthouse, guiding me to port when the seas were tumultuous.

6 Likes

Proud. 60 days down, and a lifetime to go. But putting in the work is so worth it. I have gained more perspective in the past 60 days than I have in the last 10 years. Every one of us is worth fighting for. So get in there, dig deep, and fight like hell because you are worth it :facepunch:t2:

5 Likes

Have a horrible migraine AGAIN had this a couple of weeks ago too, anyone else get on and off migraine since getting sober?

Wouldn’t call mine a migraine… just a dull headache that comes and goes alllll day long. It pulls my attention in and out and is exhausting. Going to try the turmeric powder @Yoda-Stevie recommended- ordered some off Amazon yesterday. I’ve also upped my caffeine lately and this could be the major contributing factor, so I’m backing off once again. We shall see! I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

That would be great, I do drink coffee but until recently I was having a lot of energy drinks too, I’ve since cut them out

2 Likes

Im feeling hurt

Today, it’s a mix.

Melancholy, since starting to deal with the relationship ending and all that.
Stoked for finding 255 pounds of olympic plates with a 45 pound olympic bar for $50 yesterday!
Excited to possibly be buying yet another guitar.

2 Likes

My one word would be Sublime. Besides, I just like all that it suggests for me in recovery. Being as, like Bruce Lee stated “Be like water.”. No friction, no disturbances, fluidity allowing me to form with life, and life with me. Not butching pissing moaning complaining and ranting against all the grave injustices life keeps dealing out lol.

1 Like

Included.

I’m part of my own life today. I can tend to my own problems, get tasks handled that need doing.

1 Like