One word on how you feel today

Relaxed

Good morning all!! We had snowmagedon last night. Not only are school buses cancelled but so is the schools (that never happens here…schools are always open). I’m working from home but right now I’m still in bed. I love that I can spend my whole day in my pjs!!

2 Likes

I appreciate your kind words. I don’t think I’m doing great lol but I’m sober and it’s a start. I have a lot to work on personally and the emotional is going to be the real challenege. I’ve learned how to handle physical pain and that’s tough but my issues are emotional and I worry I don’t have the patience to make it through that. I want it, I need it and I’m trying but I am failing at it. I’m hoping my patience’s doesn’t give out, seeing people with time and growth in their recovery is inspiring and I’m just starting on working my steps. Step 1 right now so very much just starting but running my own program was not working so I’m learning to blindly trust my sponsor and I think it might be the best decision I made after actively wanting sobriety!
I agree about the sleep meds and it’s a slippery slope for me so I’m going to have to fight not napping the next couple of days after my lack of sleep and hope that I’m exhausted after the day to get that healthy sleep at night.

2 Likes

Oooo a super comfy pillow is amazing. Almost as good as half way through the hot summer nights, flipping the pillow over to the cool side and falling back asleep :blush:

2 Likes

Good and tired. Just riding the wave of insomnia but plenty of snow to be shoveled, so got outside.

2 Likes

Very fortunate. I live at a sober house up in Burlington Vermont and my best friend had to leave last night because she’s been drinking. I’ve been with her every day since our 3rd day of rehab together November 8th. I’m very sad for her but so greatful for my 13 weeks sober.

4 Likes

Distracted

I’ve Have had alot going on since October of last year and this year. Thought I was dealing with some personal things well but has hit me like a ton of bricks the past 2 days, still sober but just ready for a new day.

2 Likes

Relieved.

The anti-anxiety medication is really helping. I feel “normal” again.

1 Like

Sparky! :smiley:

3 Likes

L o v e d :heart:

2 Likes

Lucky. :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Irritable in extremis :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Determined

1 Like

Feeling really freaking blah today…and for the first time in my sobriety, legitimately lonely. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Grateful. Tired. Lalalonely. :smirk:

3 Likes

Heroic (for not giving in to every fibre of my body screaming for a drink last night)

2 Likes

Hope today is better for you xxx

4 days later, still DYING from a headache :face_with_head_bandage:
Is it normal? Today I am 3 weeks sober…

1 Like

Hopeful…

1 Like

I’m at 82 days and I still get frequent headaches. I don’t know why for sure. Maybe I drink too much coffee? Need more water?

I still get headaches. I think it is the lack of water and too much coffee. But tastes so much better than water​:joy::joy:

1 Like