One word on how you feel today

Stick with it. Remember you are here. You chose to come here. You chose to make today day one.

That already says much about how strong you are.

All that matters today and for the first few days is not drinking. Shut the doors. Only open them for the pizza delivery guy. Binge watch TV. If you are sleepy sleep, if wide awake get up.

Day 2 is not that far away and you WILL feel better.

Good luck. There is lots of support on here.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. It feels really good knowing that I’m not going through this alone and that there isn’t anything wrong with me.

2 Likes

All of us on here have had a day one. :blush:

So you are not unusual. I used to think I must be the ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD who drank like I did. But there are lots of us. Different and the same and all on your side

2 Likes

Scaredthoightfulgratefullfearless.

2 Likes

You’re not alone @Marcia - no-one here’s judgemental, there’s heaps of advice and help on the forum and every single person here’s rooting for you!
The first step’s the first day and if you really want this you really can get through it.

2 Likes

Forward thinking. Starting back to school to finish my last year of my Masters in Healthcare Administration. Had to withdraw from the program a couple of years ago as I was more focused on getting a Masters in Stupidity by drinking my life away.

2 Likes

Blessed, grateful, hopeful

1 Like

Changed​:yum::yum:.

1 Like

Determined :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Sick. Caught cold with fever. On medicine today.

1 Like

Dehydrated-andIbitmytongue

1 Like

Happy. Soooooooooo happy

1 Like

Conflicted

… but still kicking ass and ready to succeed!

1 Like

Pensive :smirk:

Horny.

Which is horrible because of my issues :disappointed:

2 Likes

Blissful - proud of my choice on sobriety and feel amazing

Hopeful!!!

Felling shocked at myself on my 6th day

Shocked in a positive way I hope! Today at 8pm will mark 6 days for me! Can’t wait until Saturday night to hit one week! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Funny​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: